Wilco - New Dates in November!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilco - New Dates in November!

I know that there are several Wilco fans on here so I thought I would share the excellent news that they are playing a gig at Shepherds Bush Empire on the 20th May. It's a sunday which is a bit ****e, they are playing the All Tomorrows Parties thing the day before.
    I am so excited, tickets not on sale yet though.

Won't eb able to make this, here's hoping they tour though. Love Wilco, prolly my fave band. Was wearing a Wilco t-shirt at the birth of my daughter!

Comment

They're at ATP? Excellent news!

Comment

Got the new Wilco album today. It is an understated masterpiece. Listened to it five times in one day,love it so much

Comment

I thought the album wasn't out until May 15th? London gig sold now, I got my tickets though .
          Got to go to Chessington World of Adventure on the day after with the year 6's so can't get too pissed up as I don't want to throw up on small child after while on a ride.

Comment

They put it up on their website so I burned a copy, but will be buying it for sure. It is sublime, listened to it five or six times and am just in love with it.

Comment

Just seen that Wilco have added another date on the 21st.

Comment

I can go on the 21st if anyone up for it. Am in Butlins on the 20th.

Comment

wish they had annouced the 21st date earlier, I would love to meet up with some of you ntsc/wilco fans. I reckon I could go maybe go on both dates.

Comment

How were the band, YM?

Comment

The band were ace, high geek rating in the crowd though. It was rammed in the venue and because we were on the floor we had a poor view. I would have prefered to have been higher up. Tweedy's voice was sublime and the bad seemed to really enjoy themselves. Played a good mixture of new and old.
                      Either Or
                      Sky Blue Sky
                      Impossible Germany
                      Shot in The Arm
                      Via Chicago
                      Handshake Drugs
                      Hummingbird
                      The Man Who Loves You
                      Kidsmoke - (that rocked)
                      Late Greats
                      At Least Thats What She Said

Not in that order though, and there were others but I can't remember off top of my head. Only shame was they didn't play I Can't Stand It. I would love to see them again with more energetic crowd and better view.

Comment

Shame when the crowd's like that

Good to hear the band are enjoying playing together, but that seemed fairly obvious from the record. Happy days indeed

Comment

Just read that Wilco are playing a four dates in England in November.
                          Manchester - Nov 2nd
                          Newcastle - Nov 3rd
                          Birmingham - Nov 4th
                          London - Nov 5th

If anyone is interested in coming to see them at London we could meet up.

Comment

I may well take you up on that. It is about bloody time I saw Wilco again, tbh

Comment

It's a Monday night which is a shame. but you can always kip at chez Taylor if you need to.

Comment

Working...
                              X