xbox overheating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xbox overheating?

I've just installed the new evox dashboard on my xbox and it shows the temperature of the cpu and motherboard, the motherboard is 40.c but the cpu is 50.c , this 20 degrees more then my pc cpu, is this normal for an xbox or should I take measures to cool it down?

My Pc CPU runs at that temp with a warning zone of 68, shouldn't worry too much, although that may just be my cpu.

What else does the evox dashboard do?

Comment

pro.. remember that (on later models anyway) there is only a large heatsink on the cpu. youll never get the low idling temperatures that you find on p3/celeron PCs, because it would be too noisey for a gaming device.

Think of your xbox as more of a laptop.. they get horrendously hot, yet manage just fine.

If your xbox ever overheats, itll beep, flash red and switch itself off anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by probeater
        , the motherboard is 40.c but the cpu is 50.c , this 20 degrees more then my pc cpu,
        Hmmm, so that means your PC runs at around 30?? Christ, mine's usually double that, around 60? at idle.

Comment

it will be fine, make sure it has enough ventilation around it

Comment

Cheers, wod. Although I wasn't that worried, it doesn't seem to mind it.

Comment

Hmmm, so that means your PC runs at around 30?? Christ, mine's usually double that, around 60? at idle.
              Disco-tom is hot baby. Put some ice cubes in that mix.

Comment

Ooooh baby, it's runnin @ 63? at the moment, no waity, it's 64? .

<== Hot tomali.

Comment

you need to sort out your pc cooling as that is a bit high mine is only around 50c

Comment

Aaaah, it's allright. If it beeps, I'll just crack open a window. 8)

Comment

Working...
                    X