Super Monkey Ball 2 - Far too easy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Monkey Ball 2 - Far too easy

I got this game yesterday, and while I'm quite pleased with it I'm already up to 9-7 (World 9, level 7) on story mode. Is anybody else finding it too easy?

Couldnt tell you to be honest, bought it Friday and havent stopped playing party games since (thx friends).

Monkey flying is sinply 'teh win'

Comment

mechamonkey - your avatar is very very cool.

Comment

i thought that the stages were a little hit or miss as sometimes i ended up being stuck on some hard stage on a low level world and then when i finally pass it i'll end up being able to get past the next 8 levels no problem before it happens again

Comment

Originally posted by Excelsior
          i thought that the stages were a little hit or miss as sometimes i ended up being stuck on some hard stage on a low level world and then when i finally pass it i'll end up being able to get past the next 8 levels no problem before it happens again
          Me too. I thought a lot of the stages were very badly designed. I also would like to know why they buggered up the handling. In SMB you could flick the stick to the side and get a 90 degree turn out of your monkey, in SMB2 you do the same action and the monkey insists on walking in a big curve forwards. Another problem with the control changes is that the monkey doesn't stop walking for absolutely ages. This doesn't lend itself to the excellent balance of challenge and control that the first one had. Also, there are some levels that rely on you working out the best time to press forward on the stick, or ones that rely on a very long fall/jump. Not the MonkeyBall I know and love, thanks. I sold it a week after I got it and kept my SMB1 instead, it's so much the superior game.

Comment

I thought that SMB2 was meant to be a lot harder?

Comment

Please remember, this is an IMPORT GAMING forum. if you want to discuss pal games, please can you do it in the pal forum

Comment

Sorry, thought it was just general discussion. Move the thread if you like.

I'm on 10-5 now, I'm guessing it to be the last world. In 2 days! I'm not pleased about that. I'm happy to say though, there are some mindbenders on this world. Pretty tricky indeed.

Comment

Working...
                X