Favourite Megadrive Platformer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Megadrive Platformer?

mine is sonic 2 because its just so fantastic and well crafted, still looks good today and zips along at pace. It is also totally enjoyable and some parts are quite tricky like the final boss, what bout u guys?

Has to be either pitfall or aladdin both had great playability and superb graphics but i suppose pushed it would be pitfall just because it contained the original atari 2600 game as a secret ahh sweet memories

Comment

Sonic and Knuckles for me. Opened up extra stuff in earlier Sonic games and had some great levels on it's own.

Aladdin was good, but a little too easy.

Comment

When i had my mega drive (regret selling it, but i wanted money for an N64) my favourite platformers were, apart from the sonic series (everyone will say that), Dynamite Headdy as it was a very original game with the multiple haeds and Zero the kamikaze squirrel purely because it was fun!

Comment

I can't believe I forgot Dynamite Headdy. It has to be one of the most inventive and bizarre games on the MD.

Comment

Ristar easily. Lovely design and the best 16bit system music ever.

Comment

Sonic + Knuckles + Sonic 3 Cart - the biggest and most vivid Sonic adventure avaliable!

Comment

No contest. Sonic 2 for me.

Comment

Ristar - the designs of the characters, graphics, levels and music are near flawless. Also a real system pusher.

Comment

Always had a soft spot for Magical Flying Hat Turbo Adventure, but I'm sure there's better.

Comment

Does Strider count? If not Magical Hat was quality.

Comment

Hi first post from me. I'm another refugee from the Edge forums. Mind you I didn't post there either, just lurked.

Anyway, The best platformer on the MD has to be Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion. I still play this through every couple of weeks.

The characters and environment feels solid and the levels themselves have great design. Most people say its too easy/short although as I'm not the best player and I certainly don't have the most patience I think it's perfect. Mind you the only other games I have completed are probably Bruce Lee on the Speccy and Halo

Comment

For me it's a toss up between

Strider - very close to the arcade version, lovely acrobatics!

Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion - lovely colourful, cutesy. Excellent music.

Moonwalker - Hillarious digitised inbetween level bits. Lovely sprites, groovy tunes.

ToeJam and Earl - is this a platformer? - if yes, then I love this as well.

Revenge of Shinobi - Total Class.

Comment

Another Edge member posting here for first time...

Sonic and Knuckles. Technically pushes the MD very far.

Comment

Gotta be the original Sonic. Got me back into gaming.

Comment

Working...
                              X