crap diaoluge in games.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crap diaoluge in games.

What games do you remember as having really bad dialouge scenes in them.The one that sticks out in my mind, like a weed in a prize rose patch has to be metal gear solid sons of liberty.
    This game is great and i recently just strated playing it and i am enjoying. The only thing lets thi sgame down is infact the dialouge. I mean it's all melodramatic and to be quite frank st00pid.

it's like

cornel:raiden you must use your 56 l gat ranger to infiltarte the sector b enemy base remember stay on guard and be carefull.

raiden:but what about what about ..........vamp

cornel:use your cv4 united lock pic to open the locked doors on the way

raiden:i'm going IN

that women:do you no what day it is tommoro

raiden:no sorry

what games stick out in your mind as having crap dialouge

Snowman- I`m a massive fan of your dialouge

Comment

Old faithful - Resident Evil

"I hope this isnt Chris' blood!"

Or House of the Dead 2 - Every word ever said in it!

Comment

Its... G's blood!!!

Seems like my advice had no effect!!! Sufferrrrr like G did!!!

HOTD2 all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Tokuda
          Snowman- I`m a massive fan of your dialouge
          he he he he!

Comment

"Since you are the master of unlocking"

Comment

The intro to Tower Assault on the CD32

I think it's the Team 17 programmers themselves, if not and they actually paid those people then they were robbed. Worst acting and dialogue in history.

Comment

Barry "Here Jill I found a powerful weapon"
                Jill "But Barry what about you?
                Barry "Don't worry, I GOT THIS!!!!"

Comment

Time Crisis has some great ones:

The end of Level 1 after you kill the boss:

"The girls at the top of that castle" [pans to castle]

"She MUST be dead by now!" [SMACK!]

Comment

That brer from Tekki

EVERY word that comes out of that geezers mouth is blasphemy!

I HATE Tidus in the English language Final Fantasy X - his Wonder Years style voice overs REALLY get on my tits!

The English voices in the arcade version of Soul Calibur 2 are just RIDICULOUS! Namco seem obsessed with cheapening this game as much as possible. Who in the blue rudeypoo blazes screams "DISGUSTING!" when fighting? and why does Mitsurugi sound like Capcom's Captain America?

Comment

most games have sh*t dialogue.

its unfortunate that most game 'script writers' arent script writers.
                      most scripts are awful, all exposition, no personalisation.

weep at the getaway, cringe at mgs2, yawn at soul reaver, laugh at the crapness of max payne ... etc...

but the biggest crime against gamers is being forced to watch/listen to the filth.

i like titles which allow you to walk/drive/fly/beam/by-pass away from the speech (paradoxically mgs2 allowed you to do it while listening to solidus and ocelot chatting with the directional mic, you could listen to johnny taking a sh*t)

Comment

Shenmue II - What read a fairly decent-ish script in the DC Japanese spoken PAL version...

Well, it's rip-roaringly hilarious for the majority of play in English.

There's this guy who offers arm wrestling fights tucked away behind the pier at the start (near the entrance to the staircase which leads to the other arm wrestlers)...

He's got one of the most bizarre surreal sounding voices ever. I mean, that obviously can't be how he naturally sounds, and he hams it up to such an awful extent that it actually turns into pure comedy.

I'm actually finding most of Shenmue II really funny. Dialogue-wise, it's so bad it's good.

Comment

"Flock off, featherface"

Dante to big bird in DMC; simultaneously the worst & best piece of gaming dialogue ever

Comment

Originally posted by charlie angel
                            "Flock off, featherface"

Dante to big bird in DMC; simultaneously the worst & best piece of gaming dialogue ever
                            Aww cmon man - it's Dante! DANTE!111!

Dante can get away with that! (nobody else can tho so dont start trying it!)

Comment

Pante more like.

Comment

Working...
                              X