*Official Rargh* TaAU Mission Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Official Rargh* TaAU Mission Thread

Rare's idea of trying to channel all related info about an event etc into a single thread was a fine idea...

The idea is to keep the first post updated with peoples progress which should assist with planning and the rest for discussion / organisation (hopefully). Let me know who I missed off.

Current Status

Apathye
    Bevan
    Daragon - #34 Testing the Waters
    Djtickle - #9 Undersea Scouting
    Hicory - #13 Lost Kingdom
    Kerushi - #29 Puppet in Peril
    Maria - #13 Lost Kingdom
    Moot - #9 Undersea Scouting
    Rarehero - #22 Shield of Diplomacy
    ReploidX
    Talizker - #34 Testing the Waters
    Tobal - #34 Testing the Waters
    Tsingtao - #34 Testing the Waters
    Wedgemoon - #9 Undersea Scouting
    Wynth - #22 Shield of Diplomacy
    Yoriko - #9 Undersea Scouting
    Last edited by talizker; 13-08-2007, 11:45.

So last nights Mission 22 ~ Shield of Diplomacy then...

Tal, Tsing, Tob, Dara with Princesblade and Summer. After the usual incident in getting to these exciting zones, the three people who had done this before (Tsing, Tob and Summer 'other' character) all had different tactics for the win, but all seemed confident that it was a straight forward fight. We went with the person who offered their plan the loudest (Summer...) with instructions for hate management which seemed obvious and straight forward...

Unfortunately due to a party AOE buff from Princesblade that screwed up the NPC's hate and caused the first failure. Blame was layed by Summer (who was becoming even more vocal) and the Dara vs Summer thing also kicked off. To be honest my feelings on this and similar events is that before you enter the BC you don't know what to expect, even if you have been reading up on it so mistakes / failures are to be expected.

The second attempt we very much stuck to Summers plan but due to reasons beond my understanding of hate, the NPC never got hate and in the end it was another fail. By this point Summer was boardering on annoying and the Dara vs Summer thing was in full flight. Tsing and Tob had both taken a number of deaths trying to help out and I was unsure if we would continue.

Fortunately everyone agreed to go again and Summer was put to the back while Tsing did his thing with the mob which worked flawlessly. Everyone moved to start curing the NPC and the mob was getting a good kicking... I'm not 100% sure what happened next but I think it involved Summer attacking the mob (which was what he had vocally said NOT to do all evening) and some people being hit by an AOE and getting hate. Princesblade and Summer went down but then things went back to plan with us curing the NPC and the mob getting a kicking. With a smidgen of life left on the Mob MP was nearly out when Tob stormed in for the winning attack - YAY!

There were more sparks to follow when Dara refused Summer a D2 after their little run in and Summer had to Death Warp out. Dara now i'm sure has a new special friend ala Senor...!

All in all, i'm very pleased to have this clear, it was an interesting and (differently) challenging battle. I'm sorry that Tsing and Tob both had a number of deaths but their help was very much appreciated.
    Last edited by talizker; 17-05-2007, 07:39.

Comment

Wow, a ToAU mission that actually sounds challenging O_O

Anyway, I'm afraid I'm not sure of the mission number but I'm onto Teahouse Tulmut.

Comment

Originally posted by C' View Post

Anyway, I'm afraid I'm not sure of the mission number but I'm onto Teahouse Tulmut.
        You need to find the girl... :3

I love that CS when you find her. awesome!

Comment

i dont like the fact that i was blasted away in that CS ... damn that cardigan!

Comment

SPOILER! quick! delete it before Rare sees it otherwise he'lll be pissed!

Rare likes to enjoy his CS Rare.

Comment

I'm Aht Urhgan Mission 29 Puppet in Peril

Comment

Maria needs Royal Puppeteer and im current TAoU clear.
                Last edited by djtickle; 17-05-2007, 08:51.

Comment

I'm on mission 31/32 the Lamia fight, BC ready.

Comment

Why the **** did you not come with us last night?????

That was the mission I was on just before the BC - this BS with Summer might never have happened

And yes, she's one of the rare few who I don't like to warp out - she was rude and incredibly arrogant. I offered to D2 her in exchange for an apology which I most certainly deserved after what she said to me. All she said was "Hmm" before running for the exit so I thought **** it and took off.

I don't care if she becomes the next Senor, she deserved what she got and she's now on my blacklist.

Comment

I couldn't be assed trying to find that stupid Puppetmaster in Aydeewa. I've tried a few times in the past but always get incredibly confused by the zone and give up. I've done every mission in ToAU so far without resorting to a guide so didn't want to crack and have to use one to rush completion of this.

I was actually keeping up with the Aht Urghan missions until this one. “Go to Aydeewa Subterrainea”. Really stupid when you consider there are like 20 entrances to the zone XD
                      Last edited by C'; 17-05-2007, 09:54.

Comment

I couldn't be assed trying to find that stupid Puppetmaster in Aydeewa. I've tried a few times in the past but always get incredibly confused by the zone and give up. I've done every mission in ToAU so far without resorting to a guide so didn't want to crack and have to use one to rush completion of this.

I was actually keeping up with the Aht Urghan missions until this one. “Go to Aydeewa Subterrainea”. Really stupid when you consider there are like 20 entrances to the zone XD
                        That was my problem, although I knew of the best entrance to zone in from. And as soon as Tal headed over to come guide me, I found the spot before he got there XD .I take it you have the map for the zone?

I'm sure you'll come across it eventually without help - I even managed to locate the currect <pos> through guess work to begin with, problem was I was on the wrong map

Comment

Am on mission 9 atm, going to shuffle along a few this weekend.

Comment

I completed the CS's/Quests and am ready for Puppet in Peril now. As Tsing is not free Friday we can reschedule for next week. Maybe Monday or Wednesday?

Tsingtao
                            Daragon
                            Talizker
                            Tobal

Comment

I'm on Shield of Diplomacy. But you all went rather late, so I couldn't go. ;_;

Rare, if you're free today, let's go and do it, you'll be {Sacrificial Chamber} Thanks! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                              X