evolution of the wave bird, Freewave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

evolution of the wave bird, Freewave

I borrowed my friends pal ps2 today and he has a wireless adaptor enabling you to use any ps2 pads with it and has a similar range to the wavebird but with the added bonus of having the rumble feature and being able to use any pad you want with it. You can place the receiver anywhere in the room and it doesn't have to be in direct sight of the ps2, overall this is the best 3rd party accessory I have ever used, the only down side is that the transmitter isn't the most aesthetically pleasing object I’ve come across. Here’s the official site http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/wow.htm

I can't be the only person who here is thinking "That's almost a complete waste of time and in no way an evolution of the Wavebird" can I?

Comment

Originally posted by Poet
      I can't be the only person who here is thinking "That's almost a complete waste of time and in no way an evolution of the Wavebird" can I?
      w3rd

Comment

Yah, but you have the added bonus of rumble, being able to use two pads on one transmitter and being able to use the standard dual shock 2 - the finest of all pads!

Anyone who's used one of those cheap-feeling, expensive Logitech pads will know what good news that is.

Not an evolution, but certainly a better solution.

Comment

So in effect.... not really wireless at all? You still have to plug the pad into the transmitter thing, so you are restricted in your movement. What an utterly pointless accessory, save some money and buy a joypad extension lead for ?3.

Comment

Originally posted by KempStar
            So in effect.... not really wireless at all? You still have to plug the pad into the transmitter thing, so you are restricted in your movement. What an utterly pointless accessory, save some money and buy a joypad extension lead for ?3.
            That's just what I was thinking. If the device allowed you to somehow cut the wire coming out of the Dual Shock pad then it might be worth something.

The only use I can see this would be used for is if you had some huge home cinema system and sat miles away from the screen but didn't want wires trailing all the way back to the PS2. Aside from that, it's useless .

Comment

Working...
            X