Thundercats the Movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thundercats the Movie?

Ain't It Cool News reckons that Thundercats will be made into a live action movie... Well, okay, a script has been optioned. Which is pretty far from it becoming a movie but still.. Here is a link:

Merrick here The wave of insanity currently sweeping through Warner Bros continues with news that a script by Paul Sopocy has been optionedwith an eye towards bringing us a CGI THUNDERCATS movie! I used to love this show's kinetic title

I'd go and see it if it ever happened... or may wait 'til the DVD comes out.

I dunno......... with a nick name like fibber, you sure you telling the truth, the whole truth, nothing but the............etc...........

I still have the vhs of the cartoon movie, but why would they do a live action when the cartoons have not been aired in so long. I mean transformers has spanned so many iterations and still do now so i understand them doing that.

TMNT was rehashed and released in the US so again, i understand that too, but thundercats? As much as id like to see this happen. I dont think they would do one out of teh blue. Unless the cartoons are being re-aired to gain interest. Are they?

Comment

It sounds awful, it'd look like one of those weird "Furry" things you get on certain web sites. (Google it at home)

I still wouldn't mind a go at Cheetara.

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
        why would they do a live action when the cartoons have not been aired in so long.
        Thundercats have been going strong as a comic. There were quite a few published as recently as 2003. As for TV coverage, Spider-man did not have any coverage for a long long time before the first film came out.

Oh, here's a slightly more reliable source:

Everyone of my generation remembers Thundercats so I reckon on that merit alone, it would be quite a popular movie to produce. It was far more populist than Teenage Mutant Ninja / Hero Turtles anyway.
        Last edited by Fibber; 06-06-2007, 12:08.

Comment

I remember watching Thundercats in the early 90s. Definitely one of the best cartoons ever. I liked the atmosphere, the characters, and Mumra is pure evil!

Making a good film out of it now, would be tough. If it was done right, by someone who was young in the 80s, then I think they'd be hope.

I've just found-out that a new cartoon is appearing.

Here is the new character style:

Totally different styles. Gone is the musclebound look that all 80s cartoon heroes had. I think the new design is quite weak. It's too far in the other direction, I'd prefer a middleground, but I probably won't watch it anyway.

Comment

The original Lion-o for whatever reason, especially in that picture, looked exactly like some mad old pensioner who for whatever reason dyed her hair red and has had some issues with a self tanning booth.

He has that "equal rights/equal pay for women" look about him. "Fight the system, HO!"

Comment

ergh I'd hate a live action Thundercats....now a new movie based off the comics after the series.... That'd be awesome!!

Comment

Werent there rumours a few months ago that the new Thundercats cartoon would be about them being in a band or something

Yep here it was...

Merrick here... ...with a message of dark portent from a new source identifying himself as DM Danny. We went back and forth with Danny, getting some details in order before he spilled the beans. The resulting e-mail speaks for itself....

I really hope this is just rubbish & they are actually picking up & doing the comics instead...They are uber cool

Neil

Comment

Thundercats song is the only one better than Transformers.

That is all

Except that MASK & Defenders of the Earth are great songs too.
                  Last edited by Baseley09; 06-06-2007, 21:02.

Comment

I actually like that new style. More cat-like, whereas the old Lion-O just looks like a normal bloke with silly hair. Maybe Lion-O should look a bit more heroic and less gaunt, but it's certainly not bad. Better than a live action one will look, anyway.

Thundercats is definitely one of the better late-80s cartoons, and having watched an episode recently I thought it held up remarkably well. The animation isn't as ****ty as a lot of them (the Ghibli connection?), Mumm-Ra is a great villain, and the whole thing had this interesting, often foreboding atmosphere with all the hints of Egyption culture. I still remember bits even today: when Mumm-Ra turned himself into Pumm-Ra (seriously, how did none of them spot that?) and made Cats' Lair attack them.

Thunder! Thunder! Thunder! Thundercats! HO!

Oh, and check this out

Comment

click the image...

Comment

I watched some of the cartoon on youtube. The characters look much better in motion. Lion-O looks much better in the cartoon. That still shot I showed is crap.

Comment

I'd guess that image of Lion-O was a pre-production one. It's marked 1983 but the show didn't appear on TV until 1985.

Am I the only one thinking that the redesigned one looks like a Guilty Gear character? The art style is very similar, at least.

Comment

Ving Rhames for Panthro, bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                              Thundercats song is the only one better than Transformers.

That is all

Except that MASK & Defenders of the Earth are great songs too.
                              NAh............. man Pole Position had the best theme tune next to Centurions!

Thunderats WAs good, but pole position is like TEH BEST!

My word that new lon-o looks SO poor and nothing like what a lion, king of the jungle is supposed to be and represents!

On an off topic note, which would you guys say is more ferrocious? Tiger or Lion? Hmmmm

Comment

Working...
                              X