This freak weather...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This freak weather...

... has anyone on here seen any of it? Just watching the news at the moment and they're talking about floods, hurricanes and having had a months rainfall in a day!

We had about an hour of rain here (Hampshire) earlier and that's it.

my store cellar flooded, luckily the £100k worth of kit stored in there was relatively unharmed. crazy amount of rain.

Comment

I'm about 3 miles from Brentwood, apparently one of the worst hit areas, I did return home last night to find patio had about 5 inches of water on it (heavy rain caused drain to be blocked by mud and gravel). Worst downfall was about 4pm yesterday, not had anything terrible since.

Comment

Hasn't stopped raining up here in Newcastle for about four days. Glad we don't get floods here though!

Comment

Weather in Glasgow is utter crap, it was nice and sunny last week, today it's just grey and boring. Blah!

Comment

Just wait for The Mail to proclaim this as proof that the world will end in the next twenty years!

Comment

We've had some real bad rain here... Is this global warming's fault as well? Surely it can't make it hotter *and* colder!

Comment

Originally posted by in5ane View Post
                We've had some real bad rain here... Is this global warming's fault as well? Surely it can't make it hotter *and* colder!
                Where have you been. The biggest threat to global warming is that it'll spark a new Ice Age. These strange weather patterns are explained in Al Gores film I think.

As for weather, here in Luton it's generally been hot and stuffy with overcloud all day, with patches of rain from time to time. Can't remember seeing the sky look so dark and yet be so hot at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by in5ane View Post
                  Yeah, most of the footage I caught on the news seemed to be from your general area... the hurricane (Captured on mobile) was in Dudley, I think.

As I mentioned previously, it's been very warm here (I've been in shorts and a tee all day) and we had maybe an hours patchy rain mid-afternoon. That's why I was so shocked to see the news to be honest. It's not as if we're a big country after all.

Comment

Shockingly it hasn't rained *that* much today in Cardiff, it's been on and off and isn't even raining now !

I wonder what the weather was like back home, my parents live in Dudley!

Comment

Boo I'm going to the test match at Chester-le-Street on Sunday, better take my water wings at this rate. I like the rain, it freshens things up, but it's just a pain in the arse when it's relentless; been raining here since about tuesday.

Comment

Just been wet here, got into work to find a soggy ceiling collapsed all over the floor

Comment

Originally posted by On The Edge of Insanity View Post
                          Just wait for The Mail to proclaim this as proof that the world will end in the next twenty years!
                          And Labour/asylum seekers/single mothers are to blame no doubt.

It's been fairly warm down this way but yesterday the area suffered two intense bursts of rain. It was a little frightening. It absolutely poured down late afternoon and then stopped for about half an hour before starting again. The rest of the day was fine.

Comment

The pavement burst open across the road due to hugely flooded drains.

Comment

Originally posted by Emir View Post
                              The pavement burst open across the road due to hugely flooded drains.
                              That's a cover up for an emergence hole if ever I heard one...

Comment

Working...
                              X