Unsung heroes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unsung heroes

Pretty much everyone that contributes to the reviews on this site get credit somewhere along the line.

The writers get their name on the homepage and feedback from readers.

The art guys get thanks in the review notices on the forum.

However, there's one task that is pretty much thankless but is totally essential.

So....

Thanks to the proof readers, without whom our reviews would be riddled with spelling errors and schoolboy grammatical slip-ups. Not doubt a few get through (and thanks to those of you that point things out), but it's great to have a consistently high standard.

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    Thanks to the proof readers, without whom our reviews would be riddled with spelling errors and schoolboy grammatical slip-ups. Not doubt a few get through (and thanks to those of you that point things out), but it's great to have a consistently high standard.
    Like the intentional slip-up Charles

In seriousness though it is a time consuming job that does normally go unrewarded. Pat yourselves on the backs lads

Comment

to highlight these heroes in full

Bill Fuller - anephric
      Edd Hewett - Edd Hewett
      Daniel Goodfellow - funkydan

and this is not discounting the other members of the writing staff who all involve themselves in the editing process
      Last edited by charlesr; 20-06-2007, 09:51.

Comment

Aye, my input would be completely worthless were it not for the editing process (unlike the semi-worthless pieces they are now).

Cheers guys. It does go appreciated.

Comment

Group hug?

Comment

i don't know what i would do without bill. cry, probably, and lots.

Comment

I think Charles deserves some props for his editing efforts too. He's certainly done more than I have in recent months

Comment

Thanks should be given to every member of the team

Comment

Originally posted by funkydan View Post
                  I think Charles deserves some props for his editing efforts too. He's certainly done more than I have in recent months
                  Except I'm rubbish at it.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    Except I'm rubbish at it.
                    I know, but you try hard and we're all very proud of you

Comment

Without the excellent proof readers my stuff read impossible to would be.

Comment

All part of the service. Nothing to see here. Move along please.

If you have suffered an emotional shock I can notify a proofing crisis centre. Thank you for your cooperation. Good night.

Comment

Working...
                        X