PSO XBOX Hunters License?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSO XBOX Hunters License?

Hi, Just sold my copy of PSO on Xbox and wondered if i had to cancel my Hunters License or not?
    Is the monthly fee automatically taken from your credit card even when you don't play it or is it only when you go online each month?
    Please advise!
    Ross.

let me get this straight you pay for live, then you pay for a hunters licence??? microsoft must be going cha ching double the money, robing bastards!!!! i thought all live games were suposed to be included in the yearley subs fee\\

oh and you ring microsoft to cancel the hunters licence sorry dont have the number some one n that rllmukkkkkky forum had it in the onlinr bit cnat be arsed going ther though.

Comment

Yes, you must cancel your Hunters Licence. Just ring the freephone helpline (I forget the number).

Comment

Anyone have the number?
        Cheers
        Ross

Comment

Yikes!

Whats the number?!?!?

Comment

Got the number:

You can ring Sega on: 08456 090 090

or

XBOX Live Support on: 0800 587 1102

Not sure which one to ring but am gonna try em both in the morning!
            Thanks everyone.
            Ross.

Comment

I cancelled mine using : XBOX Live Support on: 0800 587 1102

Theres not a chance in a million years I'd continue to pay a subscription for such a poorly suported, non dynamic, shallow, hacked to death online game

Comment

Originally posted by mechamonkey
                I cancelled mine using : XBOX Live Support on: 0800 587 1102

Theres not a chance in a million years I'd continue to pay a subscription for such a poorly suported, non dynamic, shallow, hacked to death online game
                i cant belive this, does this mean when we finaly get a decent rpg we are going to have to pay a fee on top of the xbox live sub, not very good value if you ask me how much didi the hunters licence cost.

Comment

It depends, if the game is a 'true' mmorpg like Everquest, DAoC or Star Wars glaxies where you connect to a central world server and interact in that game world alongside everyone else then yes, there will be a charge and one that is justified by maintenance, supoort, etc.
                  If the servers are nothing more than a simple match making sytem like in PSO that lead off to locally hosted peer-to-peer games (e.g in PSO one you start the game its hosted on YOUR machine) then no , I dont think that theres any right to charge on top of your hunters license.

I *think* the hunters licence is 5.95 per month.

To be fair it's not been 2 months since release yet and you get 2 months 'free' when you sign up for the HL. I'm not entirely suprised theres been no additional downloadable quests yet as noone in the UK is actually paying anything at this point however the USA version has been out that long and has no additional content to date which isnt exactly promising , especially when compared to something like Mechassault with its plethora of absolutely free downloadables.

Comment

Working...
                  X