Tom Cruise is playing a Nazi in his new film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom Cruise is playing a Nazi in his new film

Well hes playing a Nazi General in a new film, Valkyrie, based on the 1944 plot to assasinate Hitler. Some of you may have seen pictures of the versitle pint sized peoples favourite (Cruise) dressed as a German General in the papers yesterday? (i cant find the pic, but if you can please post it) and it looked just wrong, very wrong. Im not objecting morally to the subject matter or even to Cruise per se, (after all hes playing a 'good' Nazi) more to the terrible casting.
    Sure he may be able to pull it off? Micheal Caine managed it in 'The Eagle Has Landed' but then again Cruise is no Caine.
    I fully understand the reason why he was cast as a box office draw but pleeeease*rolleyes* Any other terrible casting bludders spring to mind? Or thoughts on this?
    Last edited by VR46; 20-07-2007, 07:49. Reason: edited subject, this isn't The Sun

I thought the germans wern't letting them film in a number of key locations on account of Tom Cruise being a scientologist and do not want Von Stalfenberg who is a hero in germany be associated with scientology which in Germany is viewed as a cult and is under police survalence.
    Last edited by Shotski; 20-07-2007, 08:52.

Comment

I think Cruise will be alright to be honest, he's done some very good turns before. Plus he looks like Big Boss with that patch! LolZ!

Comment

is it me or does he look like m bison?

let the photoshop games begin!

Comment

As much as I think TC is a bit of a knob in real-life, I can't remember him being really BAD in any movie. I'm sure you lot will remind me though.
          Last edited by peeveen; 20-07-2007, 15:27. Reason: missed an important letter :)

Comment

Originally posted by Pjam2003 View Post
            Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?

Oh.My.Gawd kill me now...

Comment

I have to say I've enjoyed a lot of Tom Cruise's output of the years, but there is one problem I always have: he's always Tom Cruise to me.

For example in the above picture I don't see von Stauffenberg. I see Tom Cruise wearing a Nazi officer's uniform.

The same applied in War of the Worlds. That's not a single parent docker! It's bloody Tom Cruise!

Comment

he's playing a german general who tried to assassinate Hitler - he's not playing a Nazi general

Comment

You say potato...

Comment

He's also been banned from filming on location at German military bases etc because he's a scientologist. It's a shame our government doesn't have the stones to do that to the brainwashed fools they have patrolling my local high street.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
                      He's also been banned from filming on location at German military bases etc because he's a scientologist. It's a shame our government doesn't have the stones to do that to the brainwashed fools they have patrolling my local high street.
                      Once you start down that path you'd be banning a whole lot of people, including our dear ex-leader, heir Blair.

Come to think of it, I agree with your plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                        Once you start down that path you'd be banning a whole lot of people, including our dear ex-leader, heir Blair
                        He was a scientologist? You're taking the piss!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
                          He was a scientologist? You're taking the piss!
                          He'd probably have been less dangerous if he was.

Comment

We're talking about him in past tense as though he has died, for some reason. I wouldn't wish that on the chap.

But yeah, Cruise. Nazis. No.

Comment

Working...
                            X