BREASTS !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BREASTS !

as a female gamer it hasn't ever drawn my attention too much as such but to a male gamer does female characters with large breasts *really* enhance the gaming experience

Originally posted by wicky
    as a female gamer it hasn't ever drawn my attention too much as such but to a male gamer does female characters with large breasts *really* enhance the gaming experience
    no- seriously no

Comment

No.

Sex appeal in games is used to sell, sell, sell.

Nothing more.

There have been very few games (if any) where significant sex appeal has enhanced the playing experience as a whole.

Comment

Oh yes - would anyone have bought DOA Volleyball for the 'gameplay'?

Comment

No. I don't find any drawn or rendered pictures of women attractive - in any medium - including games, art or animation.

Comment

i bought beach spikers coz i thought it looked like a fun game to play !

Comment

But from a gameplay point of view, what do breasts do?

Jack ****.

They're purely an aesthetic element. I can't think of any game (bar Freak Out) where manipulating breasts or interacting with them has been a part of the gameplay. Ahem.

Comment

To be fair to Beach Spikers, I think it goes out of its way not to be sexual. The womens' movements aren't overtly sexual, and there is no jiggle. And they actually wear those costumes in real life. Whether anyone watches real beach volleyball for the actual sport is debateable, though....

Comment

If you are playing in the same room - then yes - its very distracting.

Regards,
                  Neil.

Comment

Well there are tons of Japanese Hentai games on PC that may reqiure you to do things with them and theres Dragon Knight on PC Engine (and toned down for SFC and Playstation) where you had to take pictures of naked women... So I've heard...

Comment

Depends what you mean by "enhance", really. As far as gameplay is concerned, I don't really see how bodily attributes help at all. Perhaps it would look daft to see a big lard ass leaping about, doing intensely athletic moves, but aside from that.. *shrug*

From an oogling point of view, however, I think it's clear what they offer...

Comment

Originally posted by Super Stu
                        Depends what you mean by "enhance", really. As far as gameplay is concerned, I don't really see how bodily attributes help at all. Perhaps it would look daft to see a big lard ass leaping about, doing intensely athletic moves, but aside from that.. *shrug*

From an oogling point of view, however, I think it's clear what they offer...
                        It's entirely subjective to sexual preference whether they enhance the game experience from an oogling point of view. Essentially, if breasts enhance a game's experience, it will cut out a significant proportion of the audience in terms of sales.

Younger gamers and female gamers are going to feel alienated if the culture of sleazy sexual glamourisation grows in a wide amount of releases.

What DOA VBX shows is that breasts can be inserted into any old genre if they wish. They don't have to be tied to a game necessarily themed around sex.

For example, would you like it if Winning Eleven had men running about in their boxer shorts with a well packed meat and two veg?

Some may find that attractive.

It's all about preference and market. Although I personally feel this surge in aesthetic sophistication is encouraging sexual explotation on a short-sighted level.

Breasts in games may help boost sales now, but it'll only end up restricting certain types of audiences in the future.

Audiences which have the potential for huge growth.

Comment

Mate, do you want to summarise your post, because I don't see where you're driving at. How will including such obvious sexuality in games restrict certain audiences? I buy DOAX, so I'll end up never buying the likes of MP, Zelda et al?

Sorry, simply don't understand.

Comment

I don't see how or why breasts are an issue in games. If the character in question is a female, of course she should have breasts. It's no more or less absurd than all the male characters being really really incredibly ridiculously good looking or whatever.

If you see what I mean.

Comment

DOAVBX...

Can't see a ten or twelve year old going down to the shop to buy it.

Can't see many women or girls going to buy it either really.

If you enforce overly offensive sexual material, then obviously it's going to narrow a game's audience down.

For example, DOAVBX had sex in it so it would sell. In order to help mask what is said to be a fairly shallow game.

However, what if the next upcoming mega-hyped RPG had a heroine who only ran around in her lingerie and had a chest the size of China?

Despite the game's quality on a playing experience level, do you think people who weren't inclined to such themes would rush out and buy it, despite it's merits.

Sex is not the answer to boost sales in troubled times.

But it appears more devcos may beginning to think this way.

Ho-Hum.

Comment

Working...
                              X