PC Gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC Gaming

I enjoying console gaming so much more to pc gaming - so now with the event of xbox live what does pc gaming that console gaming doens't have and what are the pro and cons of each 'platform' (i.e pc or console)

Well, I'm sure you all know the ins and outs of console gaming, but as for PCs - well, there's no way on earth consoles will do a RTS. Just look at AOE on the PS2, it's a joke running an RTS at 640x480 (or thereabouts) on a TV. When playing American Conquest, I run it at 1600x1200, so you can see the obvious advantage there.

I own all 3 of the current generation of consoles though. I think a decent PC and consoles complement each other extremely well.

Comment

I love PC gaming as much as I do console gaming... currently playing through Metroid Prime and Eternal Darkness on the GC, Grandia 2 on the DC and Freelancer on the PC!

Comment

Is Freelancer good then Dave? I am very tempted but on top of CM4, DOAXBV, Crimson Sea, Zelda, Metroid Prime, Orta, and Steel Battallion I *really* have no time

Comment

The PC is definately becoming a very poor relation. Consoles are now doing FPS titles with as much class as the PC and there are few genres that the PC can do that Xbox hasn't at least had a stab at.

There are of course some titles that will always be best on PC, but the development community has completely lost its way and with more and more of the PC talent now starting to take consoles more seriously due to the amount of money you can make from them, the future certainly isn't looking that bright.

Comment

Thing is tho Babs, my mate said exactly the same thing to me.

in 1993, whilst bashing me over the head with his SNES.

Clearly things are changing now that consoles can do a half decent FPS, but I still don't reckon it's time for Last Rites just yet.

The day I play an RTS on a console is the day HDTVs are given away with cornflakes.

Comment

You'll never going to be able to play FPS game to a remotely high standard as long as consoles are limited to a joypad. Theres more scope for extreme amounts of skill in one Quake x or Counterstrike than a whole stack of console fps games. (On that note, lol at the so called 'pro' Halo players/tournaments, christ, go and play a decent multiplayer fps with a remotely accurate control method!)

PC has nothing to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by Fire
                You'll never going to be able to play FPS game to a remotely high standard as long as consoles are limited to a joypad. Theres more scope for extreme amounts of skill in one Quake x or Counterstrike than a whole stack of console fps games. (On that note, lol at the so called 'pro' Halo players/tournaments, christ, go and play a decent multiplayer fps with a remotely accurate control method!)

PC has nothing to worry about.
                Best post ever!

Comment

Bollocks. Mouse&kb might be a little more accurate (arguable point though, depends on personal preference) but Halo is a far more fun fps than has appeared on PC since Half-life

(not counting the likes of Deus Ex or System Shock 2 as straight fps there though )

Actually, was Jedi Knight after Half-Life? Cos that was excellent too. But not Jedi Knight 2 ft:

Comment

Contentious point there, matt. But before we get embroiled in another mouse vs pad debate, I suggest we call ceasefire

Comment

HALO IS ****E

Comment

Originally posted by evilmatt
                        Bollocks. Mouse&kb might be a little more accurate (arguable point though, depends on personal preference) but Halo is a far more fun fps than has appeared on PC since Half-life
                        Yeah, single player wise Halo is better than just about any PC game I can remember, but the mutliplayer modes (excluding co-op) and 'pro scene' are laughably bad.

Comment

Well I wouldn't say laughably bad, but sure they're not up to the PC multiplayer scene - because that's mostly based around games designed purely for multiplayer You're comparing two totally different things. Halo 2, with all the Live-based options, might be a different kettle of fish though... only time will tell.

Comment

When it gets its pc release halo will be decent. Until then while its running on that Intel piece of **** with a pad its bollox

Comment

If console FPS' heed the intelligent advances made by Halo, then both consoles and PCs can develop two entirely different and complimentary breeds of FPS and I don't see why one should infringe on the other, because they both offer different takes and can offer immense fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X