No announcement yet.

Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh, it's very tight at the top and at the moment, any one of the so called "big four" teams can win it.

I'll look forward to playing you lot at Old Trafford on the 23rd.
    Last edited by Kongster; 15-09-2007, 18:24.

Comment

so, given this morning's bombshell, what do people predict from the team?

I think lampard will leave at the end of the season for sure. I would hope a fresh management attitude will get something from ballack and shevchenko but I've a horrible feeling we could be dragged down into mediocracy by players lacking motivation.
      Last edited by abigsmurf; 20-09-2007, 09:34. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
        so, given this morning's bombshell, what do people predict from the team?

I think lampard will leave at the end of the season for sure. I would hope a fresh management attitude will get something from ballack and shevchenko but I've a horrible feeling we could be dragged down into mediocracy by players lacking motivation.
        It's a very bleak time for Chelsea. All my mates are gutted, as are most fans I see.

Our performance against Man.Utd was abysmal. No passion, nothing. I think the whole episode has affected the players.

The new manager looks totally stressed. He knows the fans loved Mourinho, and will see him as part of the betrayal. I don't think he'll succeed as manager.

If the club can find a good manager with charisma, fairly soon, I think Lampard and co, will stay. The next few months will be interesting.

Comment

We weren't good for 60 minutes, we had good possesion until the ref's cheque finally clear but we never looked like scoring.

Shevchenko is just two slow and completely oblivious. He takes 2 touches when he needs to try one, he runs when he shouldn't, he lets balls go past him (there was a great cross but he didn't even bother to make a run). I'm praying this grant gives him a kick because he's had his chance and he's nothing but a liability at the moment.

Comment

We weren't good for 60 minutes, we had good possesion until the ref's cheque finally clear but we never looked like scoring.

Shevchenko is just two slow and completely oblivious. He takes 2 touches when he needs to try one, he runs when he shouldn't, he lets balls go past him (there was a great cross but he didn't even bother to make a run). I'm praying this grant gives him a kick because he's had his chance and he's nothing but a liability at the moment.
            Alan Hansen said that Chelsea have two many mediocre players. Quite a few people we've bought over the past two years, are simply average players.

I agree with him. Shaun Wright Phillips would never play for Barcelona or a similar big european team. Shevchenko is way past his prime, and Ben Haim doesn't seem good enough.

Maybe Mourinho had felt too pressurised for a long time, and lacking support from the men in charge. If he had been treated better, and his vision was allowed to develop without others interfering- then we would probably have a stronger team now.

Chelsea have been going downhill, rather than up, over the past year or so. Our defence has been a joke at times, and when key players are injured, the whole team are shaky.

The question now is: Who would chelsea fans like to see managing the team?

Comment

Something that has always bugged me about Chelsea is why have they loaned out Crespo for 3 seasons in a row now. Sorry but id have Crespo everytime over Shevchenko and Pizzaro, i just dont understand why they wouldnt want a truly world class striker. Is there some information im missing or something.

Comment

SWP has so much potential which is why Jose stuck with him. He's one of the fastest players in the EPL but his final ball lets him down all the time. He does basic mistakes like looking at the ball when doing crosses rather than looking at where he's placing the ball. If he could learn good practices he could be a world class player.

Ben Haim... He's ok but not amazing, he should be used as cover rather than regular first team.

There's no doubt we need a quality striker, we either need another Drogba to muscle through 10 men stuck in the box for 90 mins or we need a player who can turn on the flair. Crespo did underperform when playing for us but he was an option who did change games. I get the impression he wasn't too happy at chelsea which is why he's on loan.

Chelsea had great possesion in the Man U game but we never did anything with the ball and were poor as a result. We're simply wasting our chances due to donkeys up front who seem to have the skills of an inexperienced youth player but none of the passion.

Comment

Crespo was 'homesick' and wanted to return to play in Italy. I think he pretty much refused to stay at Chelsea.

Its a pity for them, because he really is a world class striker, his movement is exceptional, and his strike rate was pretty good in a Chelsea shirt.

Comment

SWP has so much potential which is why Jose stuck with him. He's one of the fastest players in the EPL but his final ball lets him down all the time. He does basic mistakes like looking at the ball when doing crosses rather than looking at where he's placing the ball. If he could learn good practices he could be a world class player.

Ben Haim... He's ok but not amazing, he should be used as cover rather than regular first team.
                    I have nothing against SWP as a person, but as a player, I don't think he's champion league material. I've never enjoyed seeing him play for Chelsea. He runs fast, but loses the ball, or makes bad crosses. Yeah... he gets the odd goal, but he never convinces.

Ben Haim is definitely a bench warmer. I wouldn't like to see him play every match.

The Crespo situation is interesting. It shows how some players just don't fit in at a club, or like a particular country or area. I think that's why a lot of Brazilan players don't come to England, simply because they prefer Spain, Italy. It's a cultural climate thing.

We have some great players at the club, but when they are out of the picture, we often look shaky, weak, and it's not good enough.

Comment

Good confidence boosting result yesterday. Hopefully it'll ease pressure on the players a bit.

Also: fourth game in a row with bad referreeing for chelsea. I know it doesn't really matter given the result but those were two of the most blatent penalties you'll ever see, on one of them he was holding onto a guys leg with both arms!

Comment

Good confidence boosting result yesterday. Hopefully it'll ease pressure on the players a bit.

Also: fourth game in a row with bad referreeing for chelsea. I know it doesn't really matter given the result but those were two of the most blatent penalties you'll ever see, on one of them he was holding onto a guys leg with both arms!
                        Refs seem to be getting worse. I guess they're getting their own back for all the criticism they receive. " You think we make bad decisions? You aint seen nothing yet"

I wish the FA would invest in robots, or maybe cyborg refs.

Comment

0-0

*sigh*

We were poor from what I heard. Svechenko effectively booed off the pitch, Drogba comes back only to get sent off, Terry breaks his cheekbone...

It's looking extremely likely Grant will go and I think we've got to offload shevchenko and get someone who's able to score in January. Looking like it's a rough time for chelsea fans.

Comment

0-0

It's looking extremely likely Grant will go and I think we've got to offload shevchenko and get someone who's able to score in January. Looking like it's a rough time for chelsea fans.
                            I read that Drogba was very annoyed about the Mourinho situation. I guess a lot of the players are.

The team don't seem as focused, and everything is up in the air at the moment.

Grant doesn't seem to have much charisma. Even the most boring managers, seem to have a lot more than he has shown so far. It's early days though, but first impressions aren't good.

I get the feeling that this season is a write-off, but maybe not, who knows? ... Chelsea need to make changes, and build a stronger team etc...

Comment

0-0
                              Yeah, Shevy definately needs to go. He's had ample time to prove his worth but it's becoming evident he cannot settle into Chelsea/the English game. As for it being a rough time for Chelsea fans, I suppose it is, but for us long time supporters we've experienced much worse.

Comment

I'll be interested to see if Grant makes any purchases in the January Window.

Comment

Working...
                                X