No announcement yet.

Chelsea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anelka is known to have a bit of an attitude problem. I hope he has matured. He's a good goal scorer, Chelsea need him, I hope he fits in. I think things should work out well.

Comment

Liverpool defending deep the entire match. Boring as hell, to think Liverpool were supposed to be title contenders. Ref was poor too, killing any chance of an open game.

Should've created more chances though. But this was just like the champions league games against them where Liverpool killed the game and hoped for lucky goals.

Comment

Playing away though innit? It's frustrating for the home side innit? You lot were a bit poo today. We should of had a bit more of a go, yeah, but it was always gonna be tight. Bitter Champ League blues still hungover. Get over it. YNWA

Comment

but when you're supposed to be competing for the title, you don't do what liverpool did, heck they needed a win to compete for a champions league spot. Only goes to prove that Benitez won't win the premiereship.

We were poor though, the more players we get back to give us options the better.

Comment

Sorry, but have you not seen the dark scenes at Anfield this season? Umpteen draws, not killing games after doing well and getting punished for it? Along with the rumblings from behind the scenes?

Our title chase was over before xmas. We're fighting for a champ league spot, most likely 4th. A loss today would not of been too bright.

Comment

How does Benetez expect to suddenly turn it on next year? He's not going to have a new squad, he's going to have a few new players. The rest of the squad will be well practised and used to these defeatist tactics.

Comment

I also see no point whatsoever in Liverpool playing for the draw. As it stands they are only fighting for 4th place, they really really needed to win both the games in hand to give themselves a 2 point gap over the now really solid Everton.

Now they have left themselves embroiled with Everton, Villa and City and with Liverpool's inconsistency they aren't exactly guaranteed 4th spot now.

Comment

Ha, it took Chelsea 81mins to have a meaningful shot at goal, not quite sure how we can be accused of being defensive but there you go....

Comment

Maybe it had something to do with the constant time wasting.

Comment

Im sure they didnt set out for a draw. Tough game away to Chelsea. We got a point out of it. I wouldn't say we 'really, really' needed to win that game. We can still do it. I think Bigsmurf is upset we didn't win or let them in to score (?)

Comment

It seemed to me like in the first half liverpool had the majority of chances. Only in the last 15mins or so did it look like they were satisfied with a draw. I think the ref ruined it a little by stopping play for every single set play, i reckon.

Comment

The ref spoilt the second half, kept stopping it all the time for the most minor things, totally killed what little rhythm the game had.

On a side note, I'd love to know what Crouch has done to offend referees. Seems like he can't do anything anymore without a foul being called against him. There were 3 calls today that were totally mindblowing.

Comment

Lampard looked reinvigorated. It was great to see

Seeing that Arsenal can be poor, and that Man.utd always have bad days, I think Chelsea still have a reasonable chance of winning the league.

Comment

We have a better shot than tabloids give us credit for. For the first time we're up to a full strength squad and Man U and Arsenal have to come to us AND play each other. If we can our games against both of them we stand a good chance of winning and will probably at least finish second.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                                We have a better shot than tabloids give us credit for. For the first time we're up to a full strength squad and Man U and Arsenal have to come to us AND play each other. If we can our games against both of them we stand a good chance of winning and will probably at least finish second.
                                Yeah.. it's far from over. There is much more drama to come

Comment

Working...
                                X