Big Decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Decisions

New thread, basically, look at the big/important refereeing decisions and what you think of them:
    This weekend - from memory:
    Steven Gerrard - foul or not?
    I thought it was as Petrov got a faint touch but still impeded the run and held him.
    Hleb fall in box - penalty all over. I feel for these decisions, refs should book one way or the other.
    Kitson's red at OT - very harsh to get a straight red imho. To be half expected considering the location (and I don't mean the unthreatening area of the pitch).
    What else happened this weekend?

Hlebs fall was a blantant penalty. It's funny how Sanchez went mental when he later thought Fulham should have had a penalty (they shouldn't) and in his bitching at the officials appeared to completely forget the decision that had gone his way, acting like the officials are against him when clearly they're not, ugh, that annoys me so much.

Gerrard - never a free kick. Guy won the ball fair enough, and then Gerrard threw himself into him. Didn't look like a decision was gonna be given until Gerrard threw his toys out of the pram. What an absolutely stunning free kick though.

Comment

Gerrard's free kick was a bad decision but bloody hell, he certainly made me forget the bad decision once he scored the best goal of the weekend.

Comment

Kitson deserved the red IMO, an appalling 'tackle' that could have caused a serious injury.

Anyway, the most important decision this weekend was a correct one - giving Burnley a penalty for handball against WBA!

Comment

Gerrard : Not a freekick

Arse : Pen for sure from what I saw.

Kitson's Red : Incredibly harsh from the worst ref in the league in my opinion, the ref who has to be known for something every game. ****. I felt Kitson was going for the ball, it was wreckless and dangerous but the ref's have been told to use more man management this year, sending him off was a statement from a ref who loves to be in the limelight, one who think's he's more important than the game.

Comment

Anymore decisions?
            The Fabregas "stumble" could have been given - harsh but fair imo. Same as Carragher's cheeky but still not really allowed.

Comment

I thought this thread was for Man United fans, about whether to support another team this year after they only managed a draw with Reading.

Comment

Baggie, MU fans are not that fickle. They'll come good, the refs will always help them out in some way!

Comment

Didn't watch all the games this week but the Chelsea penalty was an absolute shocker. Made a lot worse cos Stiles was looking STRAIGHT AT the incident....
                  Also appeared to book Essien twice.

Comment

Originally posted by saif View Post
                    Didn't watch all the games this week but the Chelsea penalty was an absolute shocker. Made a lot worse cos Stiles was looking STRAIGHT AT the incident....
                    Also appeared to book Essien twice.
                    What about the Pompey/Bolton game & Wigan/Sunderland?

The standard of refereeing this season has been abysmal.

Comment

Bolton for the drop I say !

Comment

Rob Styles is dropped from refereeing next weekend. He should be paraded around the pitch of a televised game at half time in a bath full of turd

Comment

Nice to see Gerrard and Benitez publically accusing Chelsea of cheating and no one mentioning any action being taken against them. Seem to remember Chelsea getting blasted for reacting in a more restrained fashion than this when Liverpool got the goal that never was in the Champions league...

You can't accuse Chelsea of playing for that penalty, they were as suprised as anyone it was awarded. People also seem to have forgot about some appauling decisions the ref made against chelsea too. Stopping play before the end of the first half when chelsea had a good chance just for a nothing tackle (and Gerrard being the gentlemen he is, kicking the drop ball into chelsea side and ending the half). The incident which led to the "second yellow" was also a phantom foul where a liverpool player slid up to a chelsea guy on his knees and somehow got a free kick.

The "chelsea intimidating the ref stuff" is also stupid when you consider Anfield is the most intimidating ground there is and there was at least one time the ref changed his mind because of the crowd noise (an accidental handball).

Comment

Watched York vs Exeter the now, got a fiver on York to win and all was looking good until the ref gives a pen to Exeter when the guy clearly got the ball. Unbelievable! So obvious it was too!

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                              Nice to see Gerrard and Benitez publically accusing Chelsea of cheating and no one mentioning any action being taken against them. Seem to remember Chelsea getting blasted for reacting in a more restrained fashion than this when Liverpool got the goal that never was in the Champions league...
                              I didn't see them accuse Chelsea of cheating, I saw them accuse the referee of being ****e and costing them 2 points. Which he did, and he's now not going to be in charge of any of next weekends game.

Chelsea didn't really do anything wrong, they didn't appeal for a pen, the ref just gave it.

Comment

Working...
                              X