• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Job Time Mage?

JohnnyRamDengeki only so far...

3 new Nippon Ichi games
    Disgaea 3
    Disgaea Portable Tsuushin Taisen Hajimema****a (so it looks like it has online versus)
    Hayarigami 2

PS3 dual shock controller (GT5 prologue will be compatible)
    Lair 11 October
    Spiderman 3 (PS2/PS3/DVD/BD) 17 October
    Wild Arms 2 Ignition and Thunderforce V coming to Game Archives next round
    FFXI new job - Time Mage

Stolen off KI but reading up its ment to be a good source. (They announced Corsair before SE) This is ment to be the listing for Dengeki magazine out at some point this week so hopfully will see scans too soon.

To be fair, Time Mage was more or less a given what with the whole time travel thing (unless of course this is just a rumor and not a confirmed job).

It would suit the theme of the expansion nicely, just as PUP and BLU did with aht urhgan.

TIM anyone?

Comment

I've already thought about this and, Er.... Aren't the spells Slow/Haste/Gravity etc supposed to be exclusively related to the Time Mage? Unless they rip those spells away from the other mage jobs I can't see this one doing very much apart from maybe being able to time travel without the use of the portals or whatever it's going to be...

Mimic could be a good job idea, where you can copy other other team mate's actions to an extent.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
        I've already thought about this and, Er.... Aren't the spells Slow/Haste/Gravity etc supposed to be exclusively related to the Time Mage? Unless they rip those spells away from the other mage jobs I can't see this one doing very much apart from maybe being able to time travel without the use of the portals or whatever it's going to be...

Mimic could be a good job idea, where you can copy other other team mate's actions to an extent.
        I think Mimic would have been a PUP ability tbh, and they should have had it to begin with - would have made them one hell of alot more useful in a party.

As for the time related debuffs, Time mage will obviously have access to them, but perhaps they will function differently? I'd also expect GA versions of the spells (although GAs seem exclusive to BLM) as well as tier 2/3 versions and finally some completely new ones. I do agree however that they do seem limited in what they'd be able to accomplish.

Comment

Mimic seems more of a move that a blu would use.

Comment

They have to be carefull i think as GA versions are some SMN buffs and debuffs.

Giving blu GA Stoneskin i thought was abit of a risk tbh. Also Haste II and III? Surley that would break Nin's etc too. Its already easy to break the animation so i dont see that happening will end up bein certain spells. Be nice to see some new ones.

Its abit of a tricky one. Althought chattin with Tsing before if this is a job i expect them to have some kind of teleport to the past abit like the crag telehs we have now.

They always seem to be in the thing of makin new additions to a job then havin to make alterations to other jobs to keep them in line.
            Last edited by djtickle; 22-08-2007, 11:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerushi View Post
              Mimic seems more of a move that a blu would use.
              Funny someone should mention Mime. Blue Mage never could copy the actions of party memebers, it was the Mime's role to do this. To an extent adding a Mime as a full job could work, it has good Subjob potential.

What i'm curious about is if they'll be 2 whole sets of zones. How will they change the system to find out with Davoi you're in etc.

Comment

Working...
              X