Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knight Rider set for television comeback

The Knight Rider returns!

Cult 1980s show Knight Rider will return to the small screen with a two-hour pilot for NBC, according to reports.

Variety states that Swingers and The Bourne Identity director Doug Liman has been approached by NBC to produce a new resurrection of the drama, which previously starred David Hasselhoff as former cop Michael Knight alongside an artificially intelligent talking car called K.I.T.T.

The move to bring back the much-loved series, which originally ran between 1982 and 1986, is said to have been inspired by the big screen success of the Transformers movie this summer. It is believed that similar special effects, albeit on a smaller scale, will be used to render shapeshifting cars in the pilot.

It is currently unknown whether Hasselhoff has been approached to reprise his role as the lone crusader for justice.
    If the Hoffmeister doesn't play Michael Knight....who could?!

Has to be The Hoff, just wouldn't be the same otherwise.

Comment

Shapeshifting cars!??! I don't remember them in the original Knight Rider

Surely it HAS to be the Hoff though! It HAS to be...
      Last edited by ChrisF; 01-10-2007, 09:04. Reason: typo

Comment

I dont get this 'ironic' Hoff worship. The mans a plank and always has been. Knight rider is **** and so has everything else hes ever done. Hes made a career out of being ****.

Comment

It's the whole cheesy-ness he brings to things that makes him so enjoyable. Ok so I can do without his "singing" but even when he performed one of his tracks on America's Got Talent (on which he was a judge) it was still so cheesy that it was enjoyable to watch. I honestly don't think that Knight Rider would be the same without him.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
            Knight rider is ****
            Them's fightin' words!
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I dont get this 'ironic' Hoff worship. The mans a plank and always has been. Knight rider is **** and so has everything else hes ever done. Hes made a career out of being ****.
              I think I was giggling for days after seeing all the Hoff pics on the internet. Hey, if you can get rich being rubbish, why not?

Comment

That may well be true, but it's hardly a crime is it?

Let's face it - He's not the first in Hollywood to have made a career out of being ****e, and he's certainly not going to be the last, is he?

Comment

It's not like he chose to make a career out of being ****e - hats off to the guy he's done OK and I'd be happy to see him back behind the wheel of KITT.

Shapeshifting cars though ? ffs.

Comment

Just as important as Hasselhoff behind the wheel is KITT... will Mr Feeney reprise the role as KITT? That is just as much of a deal breaker for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax View Post
                      Shapeshifting cars though ? ffs.
                      Shapeshifting cars are not new to Knight Rider. Am I the only person who remembers Team Knight Rider? It had motorbikes that joined together as a weird and pointless car thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        Shapeshifting cars are not new to Knight Rider. Am I the only person who remembers Team Knight Rider? It had motorbikes that joined together as a weird and pointless car thing.
                        Team Knight Rider you are making that up, pfft...

Sshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, dont remind them!!!!!!
                        Last edited by Mardigan8; 01-10-2007, 14:59.

Comment

TBH, I personally feel that the likes of Knight Rider (and Airwolf & Street Hawk, for that matter) are just best left where they belong - back in the 1980's.

The world really has moved on.

Comment

Yeah but you know they'll make it dark and gritty. Like every other show on tv.

Comment

I think it might just be referring to when KITT transformed into "Pursuit Mode".

Comment

Working...
                              X