Tournament videos

Soul calibur 2
    king of fighters 2002
    capcom vs snk 2
    street fighter III 3rd strike
    super street fighter II X
    Guilty gear XX
    Virtua fighter 4 evo

I only got the soul calibur one so far, the bigger ones will have to wait till i'm at work tommorrow

Hopefully some are as good as that 5 on 5 sf3 movie

OMG-

This is the tournament a mate and I were planning on going to for aaaages. I couldn`t make it in the end because I was too busy amongst other things. I was considering entering the Soul Calibur 2 part of the tournament as well, but couldn`t work through all the Japanese to work out how to qualify.

Comment

WOW- That Soul Cali 2 video is heavy!

I`m serious though- my Mitsurugi skills are not amazingly far from that Mitsu player on the video. I play players around that standard on the video often.

If Saur was to watch that video, he`d vouch for our skills being at a similar level.

Comment

Pretty good stuff. I've never considered myself tournament standard but feel I could have handled (if not beaten, then certainly gave them a close fight) those SC2 players. Personally, I felt the Nightmare player tried to fight at too close range.

The Guilty Gear XX video was intense. Apart from a few moments where the players may have been a touch over-cautious (and probably picked up some nasty Negative Penalties) I was in awe of their skills. Would have liked to have seen some Jam Kuradoberi players to see if I'm approaching her in the right way. Although it, from the evidence in the vid, Millia is pure sickness.

Comment

Couldn't really make out that much detail, but the SC2 vid was quite nice - I'm definitely nowhere near that standard of play though

Comment

Hmmmm, I cant seem to download these movies. I open up the page above but am presented with a blue page with one text link. It opens a page with the list of movies but they just link back to the first page. Am I missing something or am I just being retarded again?

Comment

Originally posted by C'
              Pretty good stuff. I've never considered myself tournament standard but feel I could have handled (if not beaten, then certainly gave them a close fight) those SC2 players. Personally, I felt the Nightmare player tried to fight at too close range.

The Guilty Gear XX video was intense. Apart from a few moments where the players may have been a touch over-cautious (and probably picked up some nasty Negative Penalties) I was in awe of their skills. Would have liked to have seen some Jam Kuradoberi players to see if I'm approaching her in the right way. Although it, from the evidence in the vid, Millia is pure sickness.
              Perhaps the guy playing Nightmare tried fighting too up close in that particular fight, but to be honest, Knightmares close combat skills are very underestimated. He is a lethal character when used properly not only from range but up close (although the key to beating him still remains getting in his face as much as possible).

I guess I`m in a previliged postion because the main arcade I go to (Club Sega in Akihabara) is the ultimate arcade in Japan in terms of fighters. Theres lots of back to back challenge machines on the latest fighters, and so many of the tournament fighters go there to train. (After all, thats how you get better, by playing people of a similarly high standard). If you go down there, for most games, you can be pretty much garenteed to play a tournament standard fighter. There are no medicore gamers in this arcade.

I watched the video again and I swear to God, I often beat Nightmare players of a similar standard. Its hard to gage who is better at the game through just one match though, and the fairest conditions to play Soul Calibur IMO is to have a best of 10 or 20 (like I used to do with lots of my mates back home).

As for the Guilty Gear XX videos, they were sick I agree, and I see the same standard of play in Club Sega on this game (although I haven`t played this game much, I sometimes spend ages watching the sickos playing this).

The VF4 Evo video is ****ing deep too. I love the countering that the player using Goh does.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabasaurus
                Hmmmm, I cant seem to download these movies. I open up the page above but am presented with a blue page with one text link. It opens a page with the list of movies but they just link back to the first page. Am I missing something or am I just being retarded again?
                Theres a link on each section of each game that says `DL`. You might have to click this twice to start the process.

Comment

got the 3rd stike one now, its pretty nice....good to see makoto kicking ass once again

Comment

There don't seem to be any download links, just a single link to some kind of poll.

Comment

Originally posted by Tokuda
                      Originally posted by Rabasaurus
                      Theres a link on each section of each game that says `DL`. You might have to click this twice to start the process.
                      I think Rab is right. The guy pulled the files off the page - I was able to get 3 before that happened.

Comment

I've just had another look for you, and it does look like the videos are down now; that page used to be a big long list of each game, with links to the videos and now its just a little thing with the poll to which you thought was best.

Comment

hmm...they've gone
                          i only managed to get the 3rd strike, kof2002 and soul calibur 2 ones
                          perhaps somebody else will put them up somewhere.

Comment

DAAAIIIIYYYUUMM!111

Man! If Tokuda and I entered that Soul Calibur event there would have been bloodshed >_<

I think the level of play round mine is higher.

The 3rd Strike videos are another matter tho man - I need MORE challenges on TAHT!

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddle
                              hmm...they've gone
                              i only managed to get the 3rd strike, kof2002 and soul calibur 2 ones
                              perhaps somebody else will put them up somewhere.
                              Shame if they have pulled the videos- I have to check.

They advertise a proper tournament DVD for 5,800yen (about 30quid) though, to be released very soon. I`m buying!

I agree with Saurian- if him and I, and my mate Dan were around, we`d cause proper problems in that tournament

Comment

Working...
                              X