The NFL Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The NFL Thread

I pure love this sport now. Its just mad, been watching the Sunday night 3 game programme on Sky every week since that Dolphins game at Wembley was on.

Just watched Patriots tank the Bills 56-10! It was a belter of a game, they played so well. Thats them 10-0 in games this season, has any team ever went 16-0 before? I dont think its ever happened so would be just AMAZING if they pulled it off and thats what its looking like right now, they are just unstoppable, and Brady is looking mean right now too!

Just checked the interwebz and I think Dolphins got a 16-0 season in 72? Is that correct, they were amazing back then weren't they?

Still not sure what team I'm gonna start 'supporting' since I've just started watching this but its great being impartial in all the games! But I do like watching the Patriots run riot!

I'm surprised there's not an NFL thread already as I'm sure alot of people watch this here so hopefully this will stay alive for some good discussions!

The Patriots are looking a bit special this season, though I think the Colts should have beaten them the other week, but they messed it up. I really can't stand to see the Patriots win another Super Bowl though. I prefer to see different teams win. Besides, its bad enough the steelers equaled the 49ers 5 Super Bowl crowns, the Pats are on their way there now too.

As with all sports, once you found a team to support it only gets better!

Go Niners (yes I know, we suck)

Comment

Not followed this for a few years due to work patterns not fitting live games but i always had a soft spot for the Jets (perennial underdogs of the NFL).

Carry on enjoying it though, its a fab sport

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
        I pure love this sport now. Its just mad, been watching the Sunday night 3 game programme on Sky every week since that Dolphins game at Wembley was on.

Just watched Patriots tank the Bills 56-10! It was a belter of a game, they played so well. Thats them 10-0 in games this season, has any team ever went 16-0 before? I dont think its ever happened so would be just AMAZING if they pulled it off and thats what its looking like right now, they are just unstoppable, and Brady is looking mean right now too!

Just checked the interwebz and I think Dolphins got a 16-0 season in 72? Is that correct, they were amazing back then weren't they?

Still not sure what team I'm gonna start 'supporting' since I've just started watching this but its great being impartial in all the games! But I do like watching the Patriots run riot!

I'm surprised there's not an NFL thread already as I'm sure alot of people watch this here so hopefully this will stay alive for some good discussions!
        Dolphins did the whole tging in '72 a perfect 17-0 including the Superbowl & this year it looks like they will be doing the reverse 0-16

I love NFL easily the best sport ever...I despise Football & cant wait for this to come around every August.

I've been a Redskins fan since their superbowl win in '88...being an impressionable young 10 year old I picked the team that won

I actually went to Wembley for the Dolphins Vs Giants game at the end of October which was simply amazing

But better than that next Friday I fly out to Washington to Watch the Redskins Play at home versus the Buffalo Bills on Sunday 2nd & then see them play the Chicago Bears on Thursday 6th
        Going to live out a dream

Shame we arent exactly having the season I'd hoped for though

Neil

Comment

I was watching the Patriots game too (here in the US), they were just (almost) faultless in taking the Bills apart. It would be a brave man to bet against them at this point...
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Zatoichi_Samurai View Post
            As with all sports, once you found a team to support it only gets better!

Go Niners (yes I know, we suck)
            niners

it's all about the raiders
            woo

the pats game was very good, also the cowboys game owens looks great at Dallas this season

Comment

Well, being employed by an American university I actually mainly follow college 'ball, which is just as big over here as NFL even though it technically feeds into it. It's less "Premiership vs Championship" and more "Rugby Union vs Rugby League" in the sense that people don't view one as 'inferior' to the other. Instead they tend to strongly prefer either NFL or college football, even though the rules etc. are identical and the only difference is that the latter is played by University-owned and operated teams instead of fully pro "franchises".

Still, though, as well as supporting "my" college team (go FSU - yet another winning season!) I also have to give a shout out to my most local NFL franchise, the Jaguars. One of my friends is a hardcore Steelers fan, who has been foolhardy enough to make a $10 bet with me that they will be the ones to overturn the Pats' winning streak. I'm thinking of adding another zero, because I bet he'd go for it..

Comment

I've been a Steelers fan since around '86 after being given a Steelers sweatshirt by my aunt, and have loved them ever since.

I'm not quite sure how they managed to lose to the Jets this week, but on the whole there's no other team for me Sure they don't have Cowher any more (the guy was awesome!) but Tomlin's doing a good job.

If only Jerome Bettis didn't age

For anyone who didn't see it, go to nfl.com and watch the highlights of the Vikings/Chargers game from a week or so ago, two NFL records set in one game

Comment

I am a big Packers fan. Have a feeling that they could do it this year but looking at the way Brady and the Patriots are playing I can't see it. I kind of felt that when they beat Colts in that brilliantly entertaining, close run encounter a few weeks back, that they just looked like having a big season. But saying that everything Brett Favre is throwing seems to come off at the moment. Last week he put a bomb into the endzone that two guys should have intercepted - instead it was fumbled by the defense straight to the reciever for the TD. That kind of luck wins Superbowls.

Going through a phase of reading NFL related autobiographies at the moment. Just read Ken Stabler and Bart Starr, got Reggie "The Minister of Defense - lol" White next, and Walter Payton. Kenny Stabler's book is brilliant, basically he spent his whole career drinking like a fish and shagging anything that moved. Awesome QB, mind.
                  Last edited by Big Seany; 23-11-2007, 09:33.

Comment

I have been supporting the rams since 1990s and saw LA Rams played against Denver Broncos at old wembley.

I also support Cleveland Browns as well due to Aston Villa connection and Randy Lerner.

I read John Elway book in the past - very good.

I am not serious follower of the game. As On Sunday night I prefer to watch Real Madrid

Comment

The Pack were awesome last night. Brett Favre smashed yet more records and PBs as well, the bloke is just a machine. 10 - 1 now, playoffs virtually guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
                        The Pack were awesome last night. Brett Favre smashed yet more records and PBs as well, the bloke is just a machine. 10 - 1 now, playoffs virtually guaranteed.
                        Cowboys next week right? Thats gonna be an awesome game. Cowgirls will win though, I think their defence is too good for a one dimensional attack, albeit a great one.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
                          Kenny Stabler's book is brilliant, basically he spent his whole career drinking like a fish and shagging anything that moved. Awesome QB, mind.
                          I went through a phase of reading football autobiographies a couple of years back and some of them are great reads.

Snake was a particular fave. You've got to wonder how the hell he wasn't comatose on game day tbh.

Worth checking out books on guys like Lombardi, Ditka & Halas too as they are all real 'characters'.

I'm not a Pack fan but never get tired of watching Favre....quite a season he's having esp. considering the lack of any running game. The NFL'll be a much poorer place when he finally hangs up his helmet (strewth...that sounds a bit dodgy!!). Hall of Fame = dead cert.
                          Last edited by tom-nook; 23-11-2007, 13:16.

Comment

Denver Chicago on right now, just been 3 touchdowns in a row in the space of 27 seconds!!

The Bears guy, cant remember his name got two return touchdowns also, one from a punt, and one from a kick, 2nd time thats ever happened I think it said!

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                              Denver Chicago on right now, just been 3 touchdowns in a row in the space of 27 seconds!!

The Bears guy, cant remember his name got two return touchdowns also, one from a punt, and one from a kick, 2nd time thats ever happened I think it said!
                              Devon Hester, good game so far, bears are 1td down with 3:07 left and are about to get the ball back.

Comment

Working...
                              X