Silent Hill 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silent Hill 2

The best adventure game this gen has seen in every aspect, including the music.

Enjoy.

Originally posted by Sidez
    The best adventure game this gen has seen in every aspect
    LOL!

Comment

unlike the resi evil series the sequal/s to SH were an absolute bore to play, really made it feel like an over used genre(to me anyway) heres hoping for a superb kickback with this one

Comment

Which is the better version, Sidez? PS2 or Xbox?

Comment

Originally posted by Square
          Which is the better version, Sidez? PS2 or Xbox?
          Xbox.

Comment

Originally posted by no_idea
            unlike the resi evil series the sequal/s to SH were an absolute bore to play, really made it feel like an over used genre(to me anyway) heres hoping for a superb kickback with this one
            Silent Hill is actually scary and has an interesting plot whilst Biohazard is tired these days. Let me guess, you never got passed the school in #1 and got too **** scared to explore the appartments in #2.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadruharazzeb
              Originally posted by Sidez
              The best adventure game this gen has seen in every aspect
              LOL!
              What a constructive reply. Never post again.

Comment

Anyway, check out the music. Great OST.

Comment

Hahaha, sorry Sidez, I just thought I'd post in a style you'd appreciate

Seriously though, I was never a fan of SH2... loved the 1st game, but the sequel just felt totally soulless to me. Good job finding the music though, could be worth a look.

Can't wait for SH3.

Comment

I agree with Sidez that Silent Hill 2 is, together with Biohazard, quite possibly the best adventure game this generation. If the third game is even half as good as SH2 then Ill be happy.

If ever there was a game to demonstrate superb usage of storyline then this is it. The central character was excellant, whilst the eerieness of Maria and the small child were also captivating. I think the game was lost on most people unfortunatly, for me I found the whole thing gripping from beginning to end and it had some extremely satisfyingly scary moments (the gallows for me was the highpoint). I cant say I love the music simply because its not to my taste, but I will say that it suited the game superbly, especially the music that was used for the trailer.

Comment

The atmosphere was golden. Whilst SH was far more evil in it's approach, SH2 seemed so much more real to me due to the different use of visuals. It's a different type of tension altogether. The way all the different endings make the plot clearer but also opening up new interpretations is simply genius. I rate both games as 10s, Biohazard can't touch this.

Comment

The one major issue I had with SH2 was the "Press Attack Button - Wait 3 Seconds for anything to happen" fault. How do you guys manage to get past something like that?

Comment

Originally posted by SharkAttack
                          The one major issue I had with SH2 was the "Press Attack Button - Wait 3 Seconds for anything to happen" fault. How do you guys manage to get past something like that?
                          Did you even get far enough to get the pistol?

Comment

The control (or lack of) in Silent Hill was never an issue to me. Its not an arcade game, it doesnt require lightening Dante-esque movements. Its the same as Biohazard, these games arent supposed to be quick reaction games, and I feel the system they implemented was deliberately slow and restrictive. Silent Hill 2 draws you in slowly, moments of calm are intersperced with times of sheer panic, which is actually heightened by the clumsiness of the controls. I always liken this to the awkward but ultimately rewarding system used in Alien Resurrection whereby a seemingly innocuous adversary is made all the more challenging and frightening by the confusion and panic invoked as you battle with the controls. As soon as Konami introduce a fast, quick response control system the game will lose a lot of its charm and intenseness imo.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
                              The control (or lack of) in Silent Hill was never an issue to me. Its not an arcade game, it doesnt require lightening Dante-esque movements. Its the same as Biohazard, these games arent supposed to be quick reaction games, and I feel the system they implemented was deliberately slow and restrictive. Silent Hill 2 draws you in slowly, moments of calm are intersperced with times of sheer panic, which is actually heightened by the clumsiness of the controls. I always liken this to the awkward but ultimately rewarding system used in Alien Resurrection whereby a seemingly innocuous adversary is made all the more challenging and frightening by the confusion and panic invoked as you battle with the controls. As soon as Konami introduce a fast, quick response control system the game will lose a lot of its charm and intenseness imo.
                              Agreed. The restrictive controls are as much a part of Biohazard as the zombies themselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X