Buy 1 get 1 free with blu-ray at Amazon.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy 1 get 1 free with blu-ray at Amazon.com

It's not the first one they've run but this one starts as of today. There are 96 films in total including some which aren't released here yet:Make sure you are able to play films from the US or that they are region free before ordering. Also bear in mind that there will probably be import tax on top of the prices.

Amazon.com

1. Full Metal Jacket Deluxe Edition
    2. The Shining
    3. Galapagos
    4. Deliverance
    Items: GBP 41.79
    Shipping & Handling: GBP 13.56
    Promotion Applied: -GBP 20.88
    Total Before Tax: GBP 34.47
    Estimated Tax: GBP 0.00

Order Total: GBP 34.47

Seems like a bloody good deal to me!

I've selected
    " Ship my items as they become available (at extra shipping cost)." too which will hopefully avoid import tax. Even if it doesn't though, you can't complain about prices like that!!

Comment

As the order will contain 4 disc cases, will we get stung with import duty?

Comment

It depends on whether they ship them separately as requested or not!

You pay twice as much for the postage but as they are posted individually and each has a pre-sale value of less than $20 I should avoid the import tax.

Even with the import tax it ends up being a fair deal really as I'm getting half my order free of charge anyway.
        Last edited by JP; 01-01-2008, 23:52.

Comment

Nice 1.
          Just ordered
          # 1 of: The Road Warrior [Blu-ray]
          Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
          # 1 of: Rescue Dawn [Blu-ray]
          # 1 of: GoodFellas [Blu-ray]
          # 1 of: Letters from Iwo Jima [Blu-ray]

Comment

Did you choose the option to deliver seperately?

I was tempted to get Goodfellas but I went for the first three as they aren't out here yet. Actually, I'm not sure if deliverence is over here yet either?

Comment

Nice one, Robocop & Terminator for £20, cheers

Comment

Excellent pimped for Galapagos & Terminator came to $33 shipped, gnarly.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                  Did you choose the option to deliver seperately?

I was tempted to get Goodfellas but I went for the first three as they aren't out here yet. Actually, I'm not sure if deliverence is over here yet either?
                  I ordered them together. I usually buy 2 at a time but i thought sod it.
                  Luckily as i'm a postie i can usually avoid any taxes

Comment

Great find ordered 8 up, just how bad are the taxes if caught?

Comment

Cheers, just ordered Potters 1-4.

Comment

Originally posted by HM Revenue & Customs
                        17.5% VAT on the value of the items & postage
                        ?8 Royal Mail handling fee
                        You basically pay VAT on anything over ?18 or over ?36 if it's a personal gift. The real pain in the ass is what the Royal Mail charge!

I think I've only ever been charged a couple of times though.

Take mine as an example:
                        If they send mine separately as requested I'll not be liable to any fees as the pre-sale price for all 4 is under ?18.
                        If they send them all together and I'm unlucky enough to get caught it'll cost me:
                        4 Discs: ?34:47
                        VAT: ?6:03
                        Royal Mail Charge: ?8:00
                        Total: ?48:50

So that's ?12:00 each for four films which aren't available over here yet. So even if you're really unlucky and everything goes wrong with it, you're still getting a good deal compared to UK prices.

Comment

on another forum somebody has mentioned that if Amazon send 2 movies together (1 + 1 free) they still mark the package as the price of the 2 movies

so the chances of getting hit with customs are quite high

Comment

Well you would hope that as people have paid extra for them to deliver separately that Amazon would adhere to what you've paid for!

Amazon have always sent separately when I've paid them too, I've found it's usually the smaller companies that mess up.

Even when that has happened and I really should be paying extra it's only happened to me one or twice over the years that I've been doing it.

It's not impossible that you will have to pay extra but if you've taken the sensible option of paying an extra couple of quid to ship them individually then it's unlikely. Even if you do get copped then you're still getting them cheaper than over here and I would imagine that Amazon would be liable for some sort of refund for them not giving you the postage option that you have paid extra for.

Good news which ever way you look at it really...

Comment

Yeah even with the vat it works out a good deal, cheers again for the heads up

Comment

Working...
                              X