Any Muse fans in the room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Muse fans in the room?

Just listening to the Glasto 2004 gig, their best gig ever, wish I was there.

I've seen them twice now, at Leeds Festival 2006 and at Nottingham arena. Their gigs are amazing, the lighting makes it so dramatic and... just ace!

I think they're one of those bands that you have to listen to a lot before you get into them and understand their style, but once they grow on you they become an instant favourite. My Sister wasn't too keen on them and now she loves them, she even uses them in her drama plays in the school she teaches at!

My favourite album is Origin of Symmetry, there's some great mixes between songs in that album, they put it together great. I wasn't a huge fan of their last album though, I only like a few tracks. Still, I can't wait to see what they bring next!

Obligitary (and misguided) Radiohead reference.

Saw them at Wembley ast year first time) and they are a really good band. Space Opera is the best I can describe them though.

Comment

Yeah really like them, haven't listened to any of their albums for a while mind

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
        I think they're one of those bands that you have to listen to a lot before you get into them and understand their style, but once they grow on you they become an instant favourite.
        I think that's spot on. I really didn't like Muse at all until I actually took the time to listen to them. Which I'm glad I did because they've done some cracking songs.

Comment

I can take them or leave them. I am amazed at how big they have come though. I saw them supporting Live in about 1999 in Leeds and thought they were quite impressive.

Comment

There are two bands where, whenever they play London, my brother and I must be there. Placebo is one, Muse is the other. I love this band, first saw them play at the Brixton Academy in 2001 and been going ever since, every time they play in London. I regret having never gone to a music festival like Reading or Glastonbury, but have the latter on CD and DVD and watched their Reading performance live on BBC 3 (in fact we got the digital tv mode of our tele to work just so we could watch it.)

Muse at Wembley were everything I hoped them to be but my favourite live experience was at Earls court 2004, where even the opening acts like the Zutons were on top form.

I can’t say I have a favorite album as it changes often but I am a fan of their old and new work. My brother trawls the internet for unreleased songs or versions of songs. Right now I find my self listening to Showbiz an awful lot on the way to work and a playlist based on their Reading performance. If I had to pick a favourite song, Muscle Museum would defiantly be a contender.
            Last edited by Concrete donkey; 02-01-2008, 22:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Concrete donkey View Post
              I can’t say I have a favorite album as it changes often.
              Then again I think you're right about that, I have to sit and think sometimes when I choose a favourite one.

Comment

have seen muse more times than i care to remember down the years. most recently @ meadowbank in edinburgh (stunning evening during the festival in a big open air venue in 2006) and both nights at wembley (sunday was far superior, even with my chemical toilet stinking up the support bill) and they never fail to be anything less than astonishing live. they`ve done it slowly and steadily and really deserve the big audiences they attract now.

as far as records go, absolution is still my favourite of theirs. from start to finish its just a superb record, but origin... shows a band getting to grips with their own sound. a truly great band and british as well

Comment

I tried Muse's first album when it was first released because the reviews called it 'Radiohead-lite', whatever that meant. I just saw the word 'Radiohead' and took the plunge. I knew that description was BS when I first listened to it, but I had no idea that they would go off at such a tangent.

I saw them at Newcastle Uni years ago, supported by Coldplay, just before the release of Yellow.

Comment

They're not bad. Good band. Very listenable compared to a majority of the bands out there doing big gigs.

Comment

Originally posted by MarioMark View Post
                      I wasn't a huge fan of their last album though, I only like a few tracks. Still, I can't wait to see what they bring next!
                      I thought it was their best. 'Starlight' ftw! I even liked 'Supermassive...' *hides*

They are a good band, definitely. I still think some of their best tracks are their covers - House of the rising sun, can't take my eyes of you, and of course, Feeling Good.

Comment

Love Muse, was chuffed when GH3 had a track on it, its a good un as well

Seen them live a few years back, barralands if I recall, some excellent tunes.

Comment

Originally posted by Champloo View Post
                          I thought it was their best. 'Starlight' ftw! I even liked 'Supermassive...' *hides*
                          I thought they were the best songs on that album - Starlight, Supermassive and Knights Of Cydonia.

I did like the album, just not as much as the first 3.

Must get GH3 for the Muse track too. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Champloo View Post
                            Nothing to hide about, Supermassive is their best song by a million percent. Can't say I'm a big fan as I don't like overblown pretentious rock but I can see the appeal and I bet they are amazing live.

Comment

Another big Muse fan here. Not only are they absolutely awesome live, but they are one of the few bands that remain constantly brilliant. Pretty much every song on every album has merit to it, and I like how their style has evolved over the years whilst still remaining uniquely 'Muse'.

Can't wait for the next album/tour (although I don't know how they will ever top Wembley Stadium last year )

Citizen Erased for best song btw! (For today, at least...!)

Comment

Working...
                              X