Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 RGB fix - on a V7?

lo there you peeps in the know

Im hoping Saurian's gonna read this 8) - spent a few hours last night trying to find a diagram to perform a simple soldered RGB fix on a V7 PS2, (PAL).
    It seemed fruitless, anyone know if it's been figured out and where i can find the info on this?

cheers
    YW

There's no RGB fix (to remove the green on movies) for the V7. The only way you can remove it is to use a DVD Region X which will temporarily remove it for movies. Alternatively use an S-Video cable

Comment

Originally posted by YOUWIN
      lo there you peeps in the know

Im hoping Saurian's gonna read this 8) - spent a few hours last night trying to find a diagram to perform a simple soldered RGB fix on a V7 PS2, (PAL).
      It seemed fruitless, anyone know if it's been figured out and where i can find the info on this?

cheers
      YW
      Hasnt been worked out yet man. There is a fix which forces everything to display in PAl but no DVD output fix yet. This is possible on the V5 but no diagrams are yet available for later machines.

Comment

'Scuse me for being thick, but does a V7 PS2 not output RGB then? (I'm not very technically minded you see )

Comment

Yea it supports RGB for games fine, but for movies it comes out with a green tint.

Models prior to the V7 can be modded to remove this green tint for movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Tak
            Yea it supports RGB for games fine, but for movies it comes out with a green tint.
            Cheers for clearing that up mate

Comment

Originally posted by Tak

Models prior to the V7 can be modded to remove this green tint for movies.
              I've been using a component cable with my PS2 and it is working fine with games and movies. So you can try getting one of these and a component -> RGB converter?

Edit: hmmm I just had a look at the price of these converters. Probably cheaper to get a DVD player.

Comment

ok,

cheers Saur, and Tak
                wish i'd contacted ya sooner, would have saved 3 hours or so of my life

Comment

ex halflifer YOUWIN?

Comment

Originally posted by angel
                    ex halflifer YOUWIN?
                    hehe - yup i am indeed, those were the days

what was ya HL name m8, if you remember me -i'm sure i'll reember you fella, don't tell me the clan i'll see if i can name it.....

Comment

=SUB=Hobbes, later loads ending at KIA angel - still in now

Comment

Working...
                      X