Juno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juno

I can't fathom why there is no thread for this yet !
    Or how Attonement scooped all the awards this deserves.
    If you like Wes Anderson this is very Rushmore but smarter with more heart, if such a thing was possible.
    They talk of "feel good movies" I did not know that a film could make you feel that good in many diff. ways Page is sassy and yet vaunrable in a heart felt way.
    Juno is not some normal kid with just a big mouth, she has a brain behind all that mixed up teen anxt she has to go thro her normail teenage pangs and put up with the hormones that her pregnancy brings.
    There is so much to like with this movie that I cannot see it ever getting old or boring.
    Also worth checking out is the soundtrack that is quirky and off beat like a Wes Anderson special.
    Michael Cera also shows that the promise he had showen so far on TV and in Superbad comes full circle and shows his heart and how assured he is being unsure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0SKf0K3bxg
    Last edited by dvdmike; 21-01-2008, 16:32.

i've been listening to the soundtrack all day. its excellent.
    top movie too... thundercats are go!!

Comment

I hated this film. Annoyed the hell out of me with it's smart-arsed "wacky" script and rage-inducingly smug main character.

Comment

I don't see the smug thing she is hurting and confused and covering it with the normal teenage way of disguising her problems with attitude

Comment

She was a pain in the arse. I can't believe anyone talks in such a gob****e manner outside cheap Tarantino knock-offs.

Comment

I thought the film was amazing. Great soundtrack and a great cast, deserves all the praise it gets.

Watching those spots on Youtube does remind me though how much I miss Arrested Development.

Comment

In my eyes Jason Reitman in the directors chair can do no wrong .. first Thank you for Smoking ( watch it asap if you've not seen it ) and now Juno which I really enjoyed - great witty dialogue and a very interesting soundtrack.

Comment

I agree with that TYFNS was a great movie also, not as good as this but this is my number 2 movie off all time now

Comment

Well you have to say what your number 1 movie is now. Battlefield Earth?

Comment

Hilariously, I also preferred Battlefield Earth. It was funnier and shorter, and it had more credible characters.

Comment

Haven't seen this but your description makes it sound like something I would like, DVDMike. May well check it out. I was initially put off by the writer's name thinking if she can't even write a real name what are the chances of her writing a good movie but she seems to be flavour of the month.

It's in the cinema, not DVD right? I have a 1 year old daughter so forgive me for being so out of touch with cinema these days.

Comment

Its her ex stripper name http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1959505/

My number one fave movie is The Darjeeling Limited

Comment

Just watched this and I quite enjoyed it. It is a very smart, witty and heart warming film containing a rather charming performance from Ellen Page. It could be looked at as a coming of age film or a film that just looks at the subject of teen pregnancies from a different angle. Whatever way you do choose to look at it, it is undeniabley a rather good film.

Comment

Yeah just seen this, I liked it. Makes you smile in the end which is good and the music was pretty cool throughout too.

Comment

I really enjoyed Juno but the 'mobile phone advert' soundtrack was a bit grating.

Comment

Working...
                              X