Ashes to Ashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ashes to Ashes

I was a big fan of Life On Mars and was a bit dubious when I heard about the new spin-off show Ashes to Ashes. It stars the bostrious character Jean not the main character Sam but the adverts don't look that bad.

I hope they haven't made it a cheesy take on Life On Mars.

What do we all think on here?

I think it will be fine its by the same people so will have the same feel

Comment

So, what's the verdict? I've got a couple lined up to watch on Sky+ but I've not seen any comments about the new series so far.

Comment

I am loving it more than life on mars due to being a child of the 80's

Comment

I had my reservations after loving Life on Mars but I've gotta say I'm really njoying it.

And was it just me or did Gene Hunt moonwalk in the big firefight at the end of the first episode whilst avoiding bullets...lol...?

Comment

Loving it, love the fact they are having more fun with the characters.

I hope John Simm and Liz White have a cameo at some point.

I also read in The Sun this morning about Ashes to Ashes going to have three series, and that the third season would be the end of the eighties / early nineties and they were hoping to show what happens to Gene Hunt, as the police move into the modern arena - This is the Sun, so take this with a pinch of salt.

Comment

A pinch of salt indeed but that does sound awesome!! From someone born in the last eighties going into the nineties would be cool.

Comment

It seems to be the "Gene Hunt Show" now. Leading character isn't as strong as John Simm was, and an over reliance on Gene Saving the day.

Comment

Watched the second episode last night and it seems as good quality and entertainment wise as LOM to me

Comment

I thought I'd been clever and spotted the C64 cassette drive - which wouldn't have been released yet - in the storeroom during the first episode but after searching it seems it could have been from a VIC-20. Though why would they even have thati?

Show seems alright, I wasn't actually a big fan of Life on Mars when the first series was on. I agree that it does seem to be running off the popularity of Gene now though.

Comment

I'm quite the fan.. really enjoyed the first series and I'm looking forward to the new episodes

Comment

Gotta say I'm preferring this series to the first, it feels like it's beginning to develop a mystery with the Hyde & Tyler references. Just what it was missing.

Comment

Dunno if anyone's seeing this through to the end but Series 3 has to be the best one so far, only 2 eps in and the intrigue is really building with Doctor Who style hidden clues abound. Ep 2 even featured a few bars from Bowies Life on Mars and a weather vane pointed to Manchester, wicked stuff

Comment

Yo, I'm watching it, CTNext!

Never saw Life on Mars, but the wife loved it so we've been watching all of this together.

I spotted the shot where it zoomed in on Shaz and played some Bowie and am curious of the significance.

We actually watched this week's episode with my wife's Grandparents and I was really snorting at some of the filthy innuendo and phrases!

Great telly.

Comment

I was scanning the net and there's a potentially game changing theory about Shaz too.

Comment

Working...
                              X