Wall-E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wall-E

One of the most interesting films for 2008 - Pixar!!

The most instantly loveable character Pixar have created so far, even if it is just a cross between ET and Johnny Five.

Can't wait.
    Last edited by PeteJ; 12-03-2008, 20:22.

Really looking forward to this one. Looks like being the most grown-up Pixar film so far (reminds me of Silent Running). Hope it's Pixar on good form, they're unbeatable when they are.

Comment

WaaaAaaaAAaallllllll E.

The trailer in HD is stunning. I'm really rooting for this as i've not enjoyed a Pixar movie since The Incredibles really. The idea behind this one really interests me and the animation/level of detail looks absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

Apparently it's perfomed pretty badly at test screenings so a lot of stuff could change. The stuff that people didn't like was the coolest sounding stuff too which is slightly worrying.

Comment

I'm slightly baffled by this. I mean, Pixar always produce quality and the trailers for this look great but I really don't see 'lovable', contrary to seemingly the rest of the entire planet. He looks like something out of Robot Wars with ET's head stuck on top.

And I've never considered the Robot Wars contestants 'lovable'.

I have no doubt Pixar will make it work though.

Comment

Been looking forward to this since the Pixar trailer on teh PS3 a few months ago!

That voice is really annoying though.

Comment

It does look really good in the trailers, but I can't stop thinkg? "Jonny Five, is ALIVE!"! - Oh and Benjy, Zaxx and the Alien Prince (off of di Ayteees).

Comment

That music will always be Brazil though, no matter what the kids say...

Comment

I'm looking forward to this
                  Anything with Robots is good in my eyes, it is very reminiscent of J5 though, right down to the binocular head.

Comment

Watch trailers for movies and TV shows on tv.apple.com. Browse trailers for upcoming TV series and films.

DO WANT

Comment

I can't wait to see this, although everytime I see his eyes I instantly feel sorry for him... That must mean the designers who came up with Wall-E have done their job properly.

Comment

Another Pixar hit.

Comment

I can't wait for this, I think this could be Pixars return to form. Ratatouille was the first pixar film I have liked in a while.

Comment

Good old Pixar
                            Can't wait.

Comment

Saw this last night and really enjoyed it. For a story that's largely without dialogue it manages to convey a lot of emotion and it deals with some interesting, if simplistic, themes. It's beautiful to look at (especially with a pin sharp digital projection), has a great score and some fantastic production design which comes across as a fun mix of wallace and gromit and 2001.

It hits a couple of duff notes (for me) but being over 10 I'm probably not their target demographic so fair do's. I also couldn't help spotting 'levels' from the inevitable computer game...

I really didn't get on with ratatouille so this was an unexpected gem. Go see!

Comment

Working...
                              X