• Show
Clear All

47 Blu-rays ?12:79 & Kubrick Collection HD-DVD ?32:93

47 UK Blu-rays, ?12:79 delivered.

Includes:EDIT:
    Just found this at Amazon.de (Germany).
    The Stanley Kubrick HD-DVD Collection: ?32:93

Last edited by JP; 05-03-2008, 21:21.

there seems to be 2 versions of full metal jacket there, whats the diffrence please?

Comment

the white cover one is supposedly shoddy and was taken out of production, you want this later release.

Shop for the latest and greatest games and accessories for Sony PlayStation, Microsoft Xbox, Nintendo Switch. A wide selection of Music CDs; TV and Movies (on DVD and Blu-rays). Check our prices be...

About the release/old version http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1031...jacket_de.html

Comment

Yeah, go for the later one with the black cover. Warner list it as the "Deluxe Edition" although there is no mention of it on the box.

The older white cover version is from this collection:

While the newer black cover version is from this 2008 collection:

So far only 2001, A Clockwork Orange, Eyes Wide Shut, Full Metal Jacket, The Shining have been announced/released in HD while Barry Lyndon and Lolita haven't been announced yet they will hopefully follow.

I believe that both collections contain Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures if you buy the DVD boxed set. The boxed set hasn't been announced for HD release yet.

Comment

I believe it's a boxed set in Germany on Blu-ray and HD DVD.

Definitely grab the re-release of Full Metal Jacket, I rented the first release on HD DVD a while back and it was god awful like watching VHS.

Nice list, though I'll point out that www.sendit.com have some £10.89 Blu-ray titles mainly older Sony releases.

Comment

Anyone seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang? I seem to recall hearing good things about it when it first came out, is it worth getting?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRox View Post
              I believe it's a boxed set in Germany on Blu-ray and HD DVD.
              I've had a look at Amazon.de as I usually get my German stuff through them and they have the HD sets available and the HD DVD set is REALLY CHEAP!!!

The Stanley Kubrick Collection (HD DVD) EUR 42:97 (?32:93)

They have it listed as 6 discs and the BD set as 5 but I can't see any differences in the listing of what the set contains.

It's definately worth picking up the HD DVD set at that price but the BD set is EUR 123:50 (?94:65) which is a little pricey when you think how much you can get them for individually now.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                They have it listed as 6 discs and the BD set as 5 but I can't see any differences in the listing of what the set contains.
                The HD DVD version of A Clockwork Orange comes on 2 discs.

Comment

bloody hell, thats well cheap, ordered it even though I couldn't afford lol they're all £25 each over here (come out monday on Blu-ray and in 3 weeks time on HD DVD) so £37 is a fantastic price for the full set with a nice sleeve.

Comment

Working...
                  X