XBCONNECT - Its free! No need to pay for Xbox Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBCONNECT - Its free! No need to pay for Xbox Live

Evening all, (Esp. to those that use the above.)

Has anybody here used this instead of X box live?
    I'm trying to host :- Xbox connected to pc via nic card - And I think my problem is that the internet is not talking to the card.

Morph

I had problems with that, but found this!!! www.xboxlink.co.uk

Again its free.

Comment

I use connect every now and again for some Halo action -

Kameran? You still playing over connect if so send me a PM and we'll hook up again

Cheers

Tommy

ps. i've learnt how to do a quick kill on halo. 2 shots in the body 1 in the head

Comment

I've been meaning to look into that to try out multiplayer Halo, yes.

I don't see any details on hardware configuration on the site though, only how to get the software working. When I first heard about it, the idea was that you stuck a crossover cable from your Xbox to the PC and then used the PC as a router to the internet. I've got a proper router though, with both my PC and Xbox connected to it through ethernet cables; none of this USB nonsense.

Does it still work in this configuration?

Comment

You can run it off your router, no direct/physical connection needed although you may need to forward a port (don't remember, RTFM) to the PC if you're hosting, otherwise it should work OK.

Its good, although you need major bandwidth. There are also issues with differences in PAL region games - e.g. the UK Halo can't play against the German release. NTSC stuff ain't a problem though, so you should be OK there.

Comment

Thanks for that - I'll give it a go asap. I've briefly tried 2-player Halo with a mate, and its a great laugh.

Comment

Hmm. So far its seeing the games, but not managing to join them. Oh well, I'll give it another go some time.

Comment

Hi Chaps,

Im not around here much these days but I still have time for the old Halo . If anyone wants a game send me a PM - im nowhere near as good as I used to be but still pretty badass

Tommy - Two shots in the body and 1 in the head is easier said than done - but pistol is always the way forward. Another useful combo is sniper / pistol - connect with sniper 1/2 times if you can for certain kill. Alternatively use the sniper and connect anywhere and then finish them off with the pistol

If you want to play the best look out for the [BBE] clan particularly:

[BBE]TheOne & [BBE]Hannes

other excellent players and mates of mine are James2K10 and Desd1 (not sure about their current clan tags)

Im still on couple of times a week and can host a good size game lag free (was playing 12 player last night)

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                X