XboX clock reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XboX clock reset

This probably sounds like silly question, but if the Xbox clock supposed to reset everytime you take out the plug?

I don't think it has at any point before until recently...shortly after this started happening the motherboard went. I had to send it off for repair to MS.

Basically a bit worried that the same fault has occured.

The Xbox doesn't have an internal battery, instead taking it's clock power from a capacitor.

Once you've unplugged it for so long, you lose the power and the clock resets.

Comment

Aye, mine does the same. It's a pain in the arse to have to put it right everytime I boot the thing up. Mind, I don't have to, but I'm odd like that.

Comment

Pain in the arse with the MS dashboard, theres a hardware mod you can do to fix this (some kind of battery thing) but i don't think it's for the faint hearted.

EvoX has some nice NTP time server settings thou (auto syncs time on bootup).

Comment

Originally posted by Burai
          The Xbox doesn't have an internal battery, instead taking it's clock power from a capacitor.

Once you've unplugged it for so long, you lose the power and the clock resets.
          Thanks guys, was a bit worried there as the motherboard went on it just a couple of weeks ago!

Comment

Working...
          X