The Golf Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Golf Thread

I love Tiger Woods. He is simply awesome. I've just watched him win his 7th straight tournament! And 9 out of the last 10! For the last 7 months, he hasn't lost, how amazing is that!? It's just unheard of. The way he does it as well is just so inspirational.

After the 2nd round, he was 7 behind, after the 3rd he was joint top, then on the last whole he was still joint top, hadn't made a putt over 18ft out of 21 attempts the whole week and ends up holing a 24 footer for birdie to win the tournament!!

Any other golf fans who actually follow it on a weekly basis? I always make topics for the majors and some people discuss it but I don't think alot of you follow it much? I just love watching Tiger, he amazes me!

And look at the world rankings now, the gap between Tiger in 1st place and Mickelson in 2nd place is bigger than the gap between Mickelson and bottom place!

I love watching the golf, especially Tiger but since Sky lost the majority of tournaments to Setanta or whatever I don't get to see too much.

Tiger must have a great chance of the Grand Slam this year. He seems to have taken the game to another level again and just finds a way to do it when it matters. He is the best of all time and barring a serious injury he should go on to destroy all the records that Nicklaus set.

Comment

Yeah I follow it, mainly because I myself play golf. Tiger is a ****ing beast, hes ridiculous, greatest Golfer ever by far.

Comment

Big fan of golf but only having Freeview means I don't follow much of it on the box.
        Love playing the game but I am ****e at it and since moving to london have only had half a dozen rounds in the last 18 months or so.

Comment

I used to know someone who listened to golf on the radio, and the tedium of it put me off it for ages. I've watched a few bigger tournaments on tv but I wouldn't say I'm an avid fan.

Quite enjoyed playing it, like. I'm quite handy with chips, put hopeless with drives (which I swing like a baseball bat) and putting.

Comment

Uch, looking like Tiger's winning streak is coming to an end...

He's 5 behind with 8 to play now and not playing too hot over the last 2 rounds. Shame, I really thought he was gonna take this one far!

Comment

THE MASTERS!!

Been a great tournament so far, lots of action and it's heating up now at the end of Round 3. Tiger started the round 7 off the lead and is now 3 off the lead and almost everyone ahead of him has been dropping shots since he finished his round. Gonna be a close one tomorrow, and should be very very exciting.

Comment

I love coz he's black. Golf clubs are not the usual place to dicuss such issues. Cracking.

Even better was when he won the Open he chose cheeseburgers as the meal for everyone. Not smoked salmon on a jus of bull**** etc, burgers. Genius.

Comment

I've been really impressed with the picture quality, said so to the wife on Thursday, may be using the wrong terminology but the BBC seem to be giving this some fair bandwidth and not the low-res j-peggy images we sometimes see on other sports coverage.

Must be lush on HD.

Comment

Damnnn! Trevor Immelman wins! Was 6 ahead at one point then everyone slowly started to fall and at the same time, Tiger nailed a 30-40 ft birdie putt on the hard stretch of holes on the back nine and it looked like he was gonna make a proper run for it. But his putting was never on form, he missed so much and Immelman ended up winning by three.

Great final day though, lots of action and ups and downs.

Comment

I was just too tired to stay up and watch it until the end. Typical last day collapse from a British golfer.
                      Was going to put a tenner on Justin Rose, but glad I didn't now.

Comment

Yeah all the Biritsh dudes totally bottled it at the end, I knew Casey wouldn't do it too, started the day so close too!

Comment

US Open!!!

Lots of action first few days and even more today from Tiger and Mickelson. Tiger just birdied 4th out of last 5 holes, amazing turn around after bogeys first two holes, then an eagle straight after that too.

Gonna be an interesting weekend.

Comment

Just reading about Tiger holing a 12 foot putt on the last to force a 18 hole playoff on Monday, talk about pressure

Comment

Oh it was just awesome TV to watch, the whole tournament has been amazing. So many ups and downs, so much good golf and so so much bad golf too.

I was really nervous watching Tiger on the 18th as he battered his tee shot into the bunker, when that happened I thought he'd ruined his chanced, but legend that he is, made the one birdie he needed to just in time to force the play off.

Just ashame it's now the US Opens ****ty 18 hole playoff instead of a proper sudden death one like it should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X