[rec]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[rec]

Managed to catch the only showing in Leicester last night.

Following on from Cloverfield and Diary of the Dead, the film is shot from first person perspective.

The story is about a camera crew consisting of 1 cameraman and 1 presenter coming to film a fire station for their programme.
    On the only call that night, they get more than they bargain for...

It all goes to pot when they get called to a 'routine' call about a women who has suffered a fall...
    though things start to go obviously wrong when she decides to take a chunk out of one of the detectives, who were also called to the incident.
    The local residents, along with the crew try to find out how/ why this is happening, and then it soon turns out its a biohazard of some sort.

I found it quite enjoyable, even though i knew when a few of the 'jump' moments where going to happen, i still flinched like a girl.

The part at the end i thought was quite disturbing

with the very gaunt/ anorexic looking infected, shambling along the darkness

Is this out on DVD anywhere? My wife wont watch it in the cinema so dvd at home is my only option.

Comment

its out in spain on dvd, is the uk release in spanish with English subs or did they dub it with English voices?

Comment

It's Spanish language, with English dubs.

Comment

Rec - Spanish Horror Film

Has anyone seen else this yet? I didn't hear much about it till recently and the idea of the film itself made me curious. Basically its about a tv crew doing a report on Nightshifts at a Fire Dept, the crew follows them on a call about an elderly lady trapped in her apartment.

I won't say anything more because it would totally spoil it, but this film is what Diary of the Dead should have been.

Absolutly spectacular, well directed and intense! Im not a person who gets nervous or scared watching movies but some sequences really made me feel it, it just builds, builds and builds.

If your someone who is normally scared by horror flicks, this sits on the **** your pants scary list. Its probably the best horror movie ive seen since The Descent, well recommended!
          Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 09-04-2008, 22:08.

Comment

Trailer for the US remake (coming October)

Comment

I don't normally have a problem with remakes, but bloody hell, that trailer really does take the piss. Y'know, at least let the original finish its theatrical run before remaking it. Not only that but the trailer goes and spoils the best bits!

Then again, the remake does seem to be aimed at the "I don't go to the cinema to read" demographic, so I really shouldn't be surprised by such staggering stupidity.

Comment

That is shot for shot identical to the Spanish version! WTF is that all about? Just lazy.

Comment

Thats rediculous and it has Dexter's promiscuious annoying sister in it. It looks even worse, the makeup effects border on Demons territory.There weren;t any to speak of in the original. Like Moko said, its literally showing everything. The great thing about viewing the original was going in not knowing what to expect.
                  Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 16-04-2008, 13:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                    Thats rediculous and it has Dexter's promiscuious annoying sister in it. It looks even worse, the makeup effects border on Demons territory.There weren;t any to speak of in the original. Like Moko said, its literally showing everything. The great thing about viewing the original was going in not knowing what to expect.
                    I'm not sure aboiut that, all the reviews i have read for rec point out that its a zombie movie... if you know that, then you know what to expect.

The trailer is a good I think, but yeah, its basicaly the same as what happens in the original, but its mainly one scene and thats all it shows you, so theres no reason to belive the rest of the movie will be so simular too. As for it spoiling the best bits of the original, well it being one scene I guess you only liked one bit of the original then?

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                      I'm not sure aboiut that, all the reviews i have read for rec point out that its a zombie movie... if you know that, then you know what to expect.

The trailer is a good I think, but yeah, its basicaly the same as what happens in the original, but its mainly one scene and thats all it shows you, so theres no reason to belive the rest of the movie will be so simular too. As for it spoiling the best bits of the original, well it being one scene I guess you only liked one bit of the original then?
                      They showed the main starting point, hugely over done it i might add...aswell as the final 15 or so seconds. I just saw a positive review about it, i never read it, i just saw the score and got curious. Im glad i did skim it, as it turned out to be an unexpected delight and knowing what was coming would have spoiled it tremendously.
                      That trailer ruins one of the great unexpected moments with over the top acting.

Comment

I would've been seriously unhappy if I'd seen the trailer for the remake before catching the original. It reveals way too much.

I mean, it more or less tells you everybody dies. I know it's meant to be lost footage, so you kind of assume that something bad happened, but c'mon, keep a bit of mystery. They should NEVER have revealed the old hag either.

Comment

I managed to watch Quarantine yesterday and its almost a shot by shot remake with a couple of additions, which arguably makes it better, but the reporter in the Spanish version is much hotter

btw both trailers were almost shot for shot as well, so the Rec trailer also had the nightvision part

anyway here is what i've picked up, might be wrong on some points as i watched Rec a while ago

1. The Fireman that falls trying to walk later in the movie with his leg snapped with a little gore of his leg giving way
                          2. The rat attacking the cameraman, showing how aggressive things become when they become infected, prior to being told this by the CDC chap
                          3. that woman in the room was an additional character as i dont remember the cameraman killing somebody with his camera in such a gorey and aggressive manner
                          4. anything involving the elevator including another new character who gets strangled by the cameraman and the fireman (the chick from heroes)
                          5. again more dogs including the lawyer getting attacked in the elevator
                          6. proper lovely sledgehammer action

also i'm not sure if they changed a part near the end

basically when they

try to head to the storm drain, the fireman is attacked and they head to the attic, i'm sure its the fireman who is the one chasing them up the stairs in the original instead of the policeman, showing how quickly people are starting to get infected

Last edited by buster_broon; 31-01-2009, 18:11.

Comment

I haven't seen Quarantine, but the changes and reviews I've read all point towards it being a inferior film to [rec].

Comment

Originally posted by El Leone View Post
                              I haven't seen Quarantine, but the changes and reviews I've read all point towards it being a inferior film to [rec].
                              well watch both and come back with your own opinion

the extras in Quarantine are good and if they were in REC they would have made it a slightly different movie

Quarantine adds a couple of elements that make it just a little more desperate

that being said since they are filmed almost the same they are the same film - so kinda as good as each other

but the girl in the Spanish version swings it
                              Last edited by buster_broon; 01-02-2009, 01:37.

Comment

Working...
                              X