Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use my PAL GC power lead/adaptor on my NTSC cube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I use my PAL GC power lead/adaptor on my NTSC cube?

instead of a stepdown?

thanks

yes it works fine on an import cube

Comment

Yes you can.

I used to do this when I had a Pal and US cube.

They output the same voltage/amps.

Comment

great, thanks a lot

Comment

Sorry guys but I need to get this clear in my head in case I misunderstood the original question.....

I have a US Gamecube and have been using a stepdown convertor for power so as not to fry it. Are you saying that I can just use a UK GameCube Power lead instead? I live in the UK.

Cheers!

Comment

In a word.....Yes you can use your UK power supply on a US gamecube instead of using a Stepdown

Comment

And in answer to your next question (this crops up quite often!), you can get one by ringing Nintendo customer services.

Comment

And it's called Big Ben - 023 80623200

Comment

So it wont fry it, for sure.

A mate of mine once plugged my Jap Dreamcast in with my UK dreamcast power lead and it had to sent for repairs since it fried it.

It definetely wont do that.

Comment

The Gamecube mains adaptor takes either 120v or 240v (depending on which region the machine is) and outputs correct voltage for the system (which is the same for all Cubes)

What was done to that Dreamcast is a totally different matter - you didnt use a different mains adaptor, you simply plugged the machine into 240v. The transformer (takes voltage in and converts to correct values for the internal functions) on a Dreamcast is inside the machine. On the Gamecube the transformer is outside the machine (the mains adaptor)

You can see what voltages the Cube adaptor outputs to the machine - it's written on it. Same thing applies to the N64 - any mains adaptor will work as long as you supply the correct voltage (eg: you dont plug a 120v adaptor into 240v current obviously)

Comment

Working...
                    X