Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Apprentice

What, no Apprentice thread?

Has anyone taken The Apprentice challenge yet? The challenge is to not watch the program until 5pm the following day and see if you can avoid knowing who gets fired. You win £5 if you can.

I’ve tried it three times now, and it’s impossible, I tells ya.

I've not seen last nights yet, and have dodged all talk of it in the office, meetings all afternoon so I will be the winner \o/

Thinking about it did the same last week also. That's a tenner you owe me

Comment

Last night was unbelievable, I cannot understand how some of these retards earn any money at all, let alone aim for £100k salaries.

That "£4.95 dry cleaning charge per item" woman should have went long ago.

If I was "Sir" Alan they'd all be fired \\o

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
        Last night was unbelievable, I cannot understand how some of these retards earn any money at all, let alone aim for £100k salaries.
        Exactly! All the tasks set have been so simple, and yet they all manage to **** most of it up.

Loved the expression of Alans right-hand lady when Michael got all ecstatic

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
          I've not seen last nights yet, and have dodged all talk of it in the office, meetings all afternoon so I will be the winner \o/
          You took a bloody big risk coming into this thread!

Comment

Not seen last night's. This year, it seems nobody shows any nous at all andwins are by default rather than a brainwave. Are they just really bad this year or is it politicking??

Comment

A private recital by Myleene Klass? Yeah, cheers, Alan.
              Last edited by nickgodfrey; 01-05-2008, 21:04.

Comment

Myleene Klass.. unfortunately no bikini in sight

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                  You took a bloody big risk coming into this thread!
                  Yeah but let's face it, wouldn't have been end of the world if I'd found out.

Originally posted by saif View Post
                  Not seen last night's. This year, it seems nobody shows any nous at all andwins are by default rather than a brainwave. Are they just really bad this year or is it politicking??
                  I think this is the first year they've picked people who would make good TV rather than good contestant. Sad but sign of the times.

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                  Myleene Klass.. unfortunately no bikini in sight
                  This was probably filmed a while back, she had a child about the start of the year, next series maybe.

Comment

None of the female contestants are fit this year. The Irish ice queen one at a push maybe. I would definately plunge Klass, mind. Oh, and Sir Alans secretary too. "Mr Smith will give you a seeing to now, woman"

Comment

Oddly - I bumped into the director of the Apprentice in a bar in the South Bank studios and I asked him outright whether they deliberately chose morons.

He seemed surprised that I asked, and said that they didn't - he added that "they all have serious credentials". Now I found this to be an odd response particularly in view of the way the show is cut - but he then went onto qualify and said with a wry smile: "we also carefully considered the types of personality that made it into this series."

I love the show - each one is a masterclass in video editing, and the production value is sky high. I told him I thought that - and he pretended not to care, but I could tell that he was secretly pleased.

Comment

The Secretary is Frances i think?

They are all very bitchy this year, they don't seem to mind failing the tasks just to blame the weak cub of the litter. They were not holding back slagging off that lass at the end of the programme.

Anyway that George Doors lookalike was crap and rightly booted off.

Your Fired

Comment

hahah I thought he was the spitting image of matt lucas too. I think he was even called matt.

it annoys me a retard such as that can have four houses and a porsche. whereas people with common sense have nothing! nothing I tell you! (me)

Comment

Majority of them are complete tools this time round. Had to laugh at the female aide's face when the winning manager screamed out in the boardroom though, golden moment. Despite being a bit too posh, am slowly warming to Raef though, was good to see someone have the nuts to stand in when others were picking on that Sara girl back at the house.

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
                            None of the female contestants are fit this year. The Irish ice queen one at a push maybe. I would definately plunge Klass, mind. Oh, and Sir Alans secretary too. "Mr Smith will give you a seeing to now, woman"
                            I'm quite keen on the Irish lass, one of my mates likes Lucinda though. Bit worried about him in all honesty.

Comment

This series feels a little too stage managed sometimes. As I said, they seem like good TV fodder - I guess this happens to all "reality" shows.

One of the great things about the programme is it is very well made. It is also quite a novelty to see London shot as Americans shoot their cities - actively trying to make it look fantastic rather than realistic. I imagine for some in the UK that have never been, it must look like another world. I really like seeing the places I know shot like that - Cnary Wharf in particular looks spectacular.

Comment

Working...
                              X