metroid prime.... im disturbed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

metroid prime.... im disturbed...

i love the game but there is one part which disturbs me slightly: those snow beasts whose shells you have to crack open and then kill them.

i dont like it... you can see the fleshy soft bits and then when they die, they scream in pain and die horribly.

in fact, i try not to kill them, i just try to avoid them.

does anyone else find it disturbing? i try not to kill/any of the local creatures now, i feel too bad.

I used to feel bad killing pirates, especially the half dead ones...

It soon passed...

Comment

Not as disturbing as hitting old ladys around the head with baseball bat in GTA3/ GTA:VC.

Comment

the pirates i slaughter willingly, half dead or otherwise.

its the pure innocent wildlife, which i cant bear to touch.........

Comment

Originally posted by Templar Wizard

Your days of youthful, joyous slaughter are over, old man... that's all there is to it really. What's next, vegetarianism?

Comment

Originally posted by Huggybear

Your days of youthful, joyous slaughter are over, old man... that's all there is to it really. What's next, vegetarianism?
            oh you think? well im sorry to dissappoint you 'my friend', i 'slice and dice' 'willy-nilly' do i have to feast on your bones to prove my 'l33t-manhood'

i dont like killing innocent creatures, it doesnt make make me qu33r
            (not that there is anything wrong with that)

Comment

I don't like killing them either, but when they start on me i have no qualms about blasting them to little bits.

Comment

oh you think? well im sorry to dissappoint you 'my friend', i 'slice and dice' 'willy-nilly' do i have to feast on your bones to prove my 'l33t-manhood'

i dont like killing innocent creatures, it doesnt make make me qu33r
                (not that there is anything wrong with that)
                You couldn't "slice-and-dice" your way out of a wet paper bag my friend. I own your ass at Halo, and your girlfriend's ass too. (Disclaimer: any or all of the above claims may not be true)

Any good American can tell you that anyone who doesn't feel good about killing animals is queer as hell... and they'll tell you that there nothing right about being queer to boot.

No, wait... doesn't that make me queer too?

Comment

It's digital, so why should I care? I also drive over a hundred miles per hour through city streets (sometimes crowded with people), I mow down hundreds of aliens that are really nothing more than drones who don't know any better, and I mercilessly pummel other human beings for a monetary prize. Luckily, I also am able to differentiate the real world from the game world, so I have no real problems with doing what I have to to win. Now, that doesn't mean I have to enjoy all of it, but it does mean that I don't need to feel any guilt or remorse over it either.

Comment

Any good American can tell you that anyone who doesn't feel good about killing animals is queer as hell... and they'll tell you that there nothing right about being queer to boot.
                    Is this a joke? I have to ask since I didn't see any smilies attached to it, and I hate to think that you'd honestly believe that.

Comment

Originally posted by JRMacumber
                      Luckily, I also am able to differentiate the real world from the game world
                      What is this real world that you speak of ?

Is this similar to that thing called `a life` which many people keep telling me to get ?

Where could one obtain or view such things ?

Comment

Is this a joke? I have to ask since I didn't see any smilies attached to it, and I hate to think that you'd honestly believe that.
                        Yes, sir Texan, it's supposed to be a joke on the stereotypical image of American males as queer-abhorring, beer-swilling, innocent-animal-slaying good people. Like those two guys in South Park.

I am a vegetarian myself, if you didn't know. (well, you couldn't possible have known but now you do).

My apologies if you were offended.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
                          Luckily, I also am able to differentiate the real world from the game world
                          What is this real world that you speak of ?

Is this similar to that thing called `a life` which many people keep telling me to get ?

Where could one obtain or view such things ?
                          Dont bother man - it's seriously overhyped!

Comment

Edit: sorry browser freaked out.

Comment

My apologies if you were offended.
                              Not offended. Just curious. Thanks though.

Comment

Working...
                              X