Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chipped Xbox + Soul Calibur 2 =

No work.

Unfortunately dcharlie over at TFP has posted that the Japanese version of Soul Calibur 2 will not boot and also as a secondary option not install to his chipped Xbox (Matrix chip).

Originally posted by Kron
    No work.

Unfortunately dcharlie over at TFP has posted that the Japanese version of Soul Calibur 2 will not boot and also as a secondary option not install to his chipped Xbox (Matrix chip).
    This is not a problem

Use ConfigMagic to change your Xbox region (region1 is USA, region 2 is Japan, region 3 is UK/EUR) and play with the chip switched off.

Comment

It's funny they are doing this now

Sony tried this same tactic with the PS1 - all it did was encourage piracy. Even if you bought an original you had to copy and patch it before you could play.

Stupid.

Comment

Any one got the ps2 version to work yet?

Comment

OH YES!

It's the Shizznit!

Comment

this is playable then not much japanese in it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
              Use ConfigMagic to change your Xbox region (region1 is USA, region 2 is Japan, region 3 is UK/EUR) and play with the chip switched off.
              How does that work then? Ive got a US XBox chipped with an (early) Enigmah. I take it this configmagic thing isnt possible with my chip?
              Gutted if SC2 wont work
              Maybe it will in Pal60 like TS2? Unlikely though.

Feck

Comment

****!

I only got my box chipped for this game. Saur, i don't have a switch on my chip - anything I can do?

Do we know if ti's just with the Matrix chip or oes it affect everything? I have and Xecutor 2.

Comment

If they go all the way to counter modded xbox's, wonder if Freeloader will work on the cube version of the game?

Only because I think Link looks a lot cooler than Spawn

Comment

has the japanese version been released?

great scott! im out of the loop, do you guys use the 'electronic donkey' to get your copies? or have you imported?

Comment

Ah, but more importantly, does Thousand Land work on a chipped Xbox?

Comment

Been reading a few posts over at the GF forum and a few people there have had it up and running on their modified XBox's.

Seems to be very much hit and miss.

Comment

Got the missus to test it out on my Executor 1.1 modded machine and it works fine! Although the switch has now fallen out of it's placeholder and she denies doing it >_<

Comment

Make sure you disable in game reset in the evox menu. It prevents SC2 from running.

Comment

Working...
                            X