Co-Op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Co-Op

One of my favourite ways of gaming is to play co-operatively. Trouble is, it seems to be a much under-estimated game type... and mosts games don't have the mode at all.

I have both a xbox and a PS2, but the only games I've found are:

Conflict: Desert Storm
    Halo
    Ghost Recon
    Balders GateA
    Timesplitters 2
    Vampire Night
    Time Crisis 2
    Twisted Metal World Tour/Black

Ultimately my first love are FPS.. so does anyone know of any others?

Are there any other co-op gamers out there with recommendations???

I agree with you it's probably my favourite way to play as when i'm at home and not at the missus' i've got a mate round most days so it's a great way for both of us to play.

Comment

I agree, I love co-op. And have been enjoying it with

Halo
      Timesplitter 2 and
      Phantasy Star Online - (great co-op game).

I guess there are the sports games which can be fun played co-op or 2 on 2. Virtua Tennis 2 is a great example of this.

Comment

I think that playing Halo on Legendary setting with a skilled partner is about as good as gaming gets. Ive yet to try TS2, preferring straight multiplayer, I cant imagine that it comes anywhere near Halo however. Its a very undersupported feature that I would love to see more of.

Comment

Xbox :
          Serious Sam
          Hunter the Reckoning
          Toe Jam and Earl ?
          Blackstone - Magic and Steel
          Brute force is looking like a fun co-op game too.

Ps2
          Kuri Kuri Kukurin (or Cookies and Cream)
          Dynasty Warriors 2+
          Mystic Heros

Id check out www.natural-selection.org for a top PC Half-Life mod too.

erm more when my brain works.

Comment

There's an arcade-perfect port of Smash T.V on Midway's 'Arcade Party Pack', which was superb on the SNES but is reportedly even better here due to the ability to use both analogue sticks to move and fire - as it was in the arcade version.

Marcus, don't torture me by describing the joys of Halo Co-op, all I ever get to play with people is the banal Deathmatch.

Comment

I'm praying they manage to get brute force right. Conflict desert storm was the most fun i've had with my xbox since Halo, despite being flawed, the co-op worked a treat.

Comment

I agree, Desert Storm is excellent on coop. On the tank mission atm, a real pain :/

Comment

I don't know if you like football games but Winning Eleven 6 (any version) has a decent cooperative in the sense that you can play on the same team. It's not too badly done actually and it's a good laugh with 4 players 2v2 as well.

Comment

Yep

Conflictesert Storm & Halo are great co-op.

Once a month my brother (twin) will come round and we will do a
                    'all nighter' Saturday/Sunday.

I have just gone back to HALO and cleared Heroic. There was many times I was wishing my Bro was there to back me up, I think we are gonna have to take on Legendary together, should be a real test.

Gaming dont get much better than co-op play IMO.

Trok

Comment

Originally posted by mechamonkey
                      Xbox :
                      Serious Sam
                      Hunter the Reckoning
                      Toe Jam and Earl ?

Ps2
                      Dynasty Warriors 2+
                      Mystic Heros

Don't know about the others, but Serious Sam was great fun... especially in Co-op! But try not to take it too seriously...

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
                        I think that playing Halo on Legendary setting with a skilled partner is about as good as gaming gets.
                        True that , also always funny turn on each other once in a while but thats what death match is there for

Comment

N64 had a few, mainly Perfect Dark and Duke Nuken 64, they were a good laugh. Halo on Legendary has got to be the best at this point in time though. Me and my cousin played for over 2 hours and still didn't finish one of the levels

Comment

Perfect Dark co-op was dogged with slowdown, making it almost unplayable. Duke Nukem was indeed a good laugh, though. Much enjoyment to be had there. Why did they have to **** up the series with the move to a 3rd person perspective?

Comment

Originally posted by mechamonkey
                              Xbox :
                              Serious Sam
                              Hunter the Reckoning
                              Toe Jam and Earl ?

Ps2
                              Dynasty Warriors 2+
                              Mystic Heros

Thats a great list - thanks... It is just what I was after!

I also got recommended a game called Contra Shattered Soldier... does anyone know if that has co-op... or if it is any good???

Comment

Working...
                              X