Xbox Arcade Stick Recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox Arcade Stick Recommendations?

Whats the best arcade stick on the market at the minute for the xbox? Would like to get one for playing CvS2 on live, but Ive been playing it on DC with arcade stick for a while so my controller prowess has depleted somewhat! So recommendations would be nice, with links to where to get one would also be very helpful

Cheers

Originally posted by Rabasaurus
    Whats the best arcade stick on the market at the minute for the xbox? Would like to get one for playing CvS2 on live, but Ive been playing it on DC with arcade stick for a while so my controller prowess has depleted somewhat! So recommendations would be nice, with links to where to get one would also be very helpful

Cheers
    Either the Dead Or Alive stick or the new Soul Calibur 2 stick, both by Hori I believe. Dont bother with anything else, especially the ****e they sell here in the UK.

Comment

I thought the Gamester stick was pretty decent to be honest.
      Sure its not the best on the market but its easy to get hold of and cheap as chips (20 quid).
      I play CvsSNK2 with mine and have no probs.

Comment

I recommend one of these, as I've had no problems in games with control or lag with my sticks (Saturn Hori and PS Namco Sticks). However, there are problems with ghost movements when you plug the thing in. I think someone lost their entire hard drive after plugging one up. I've seen it happen on my Xbox, but it's never done any damage in the dashboard. Supports Dreamcast sticks as well by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
          the new Soul Calibur 2 stick, both by Hori I believe. Dont bother with anything else, especially the ****e they sell here in the UK.
          Saur, I don't think Hori have made a SC2 stick. If they have, nowhere is selling it yet...

Comment

Lik-Sang say the official Namco SC2 stick is made by Hori (PS2 and GC ver), but there's no Xbox version on sale there.

Comment

Originally posted by $h@d0w
              Lik-Sang say the official Namco SC2 stick is made by Hori (PS2 and GC ver), but there's no Xbox version on sale there.
              That's what I mean. No Xbox version ft:

Comment

I've been searching high and low today for information on the Hori stick for the XBox and all I've found is the DOA3 one. >_<

Comment

Do a search on Soul Calibur at www.yesasia.com - they have an SC2 XBox controller listed as a preorder - in all likelihood this is a mistake, as they have the PS2 stick listed, but not the GC one - still, might be worth keeping an eye on

Comment

Cheers Charlie. The DOA3 stick would be useless for Final Burn Alpha X, as it only has 4 main buttons, with black & white buttons well out of the way...

Grrr, grrr and thrice grrrr. ft:

Comment

$h@d0w - I can't get the link to the site to work from here, but I see that you're describing it as working ok with a DC Stick to XBox.

So, for a really bizarre bonus question, what does anyone reckon the chances are of me using this plus an XBox to GC converter to get my DC stick working in time for GC Soul Calibur 2?

Comment

Magicbox combined with Saturn Hori stick - the perfect combination

camps

Comment

X Arcade

Comment

Originally posted by Rorschach
                            No way- thats a crap American stick and wouldn`t be suitable for many games.

Theres a fairly recently released six button stick (made by Hori I think) for the XBOX. Can`t remember the name off-hand but I think its called the Fighter-X.

Comment

Originally posted by Rorschach
                              Bleh,

I tried one of these at a show and it moved around so much due to the button bashing of my opponent :-P

It's a stick without a ball end too

Comment

Working...
                              X