Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tennis Thread

Surprised there's no thread. Ivanovic has just been sent packing. *

*I don't usually tend to use smileys, but one was required there.
    Last edited by nickgodfrey; 27-06-2008, 18:36.

She got fist pumped.

Comment

I only watch 3 people playing: Federer, Murray and Nadal. Most entertaining to watch in my opinion. Especially a Federer Vs Nadal final.

Comment

I find Federer boring to watch actually cause you Know the result before the game begins 97% of the time.

I like watching Djokovic, Hewitt and probably a bit of Murray cause of the Pressure.

Yeah Nadal also!
        Last edited by Pilotwings; 27-06-2008, 23:01.

Comment

I know what you mean about Federer, but I find watching him play a game of near perfection so entertaining. The later stages in the Slam are a bit more fun due to mainly top seeded players battling it out and normally the matches lasting 5 sets containing lots of tension.

Also the tension will be tenfold if the Brit' Murray makes it to the semi's or maybe even the final this year.

Comment

I can't stand that sourpuss Nadal, though he has an amazing style of playing the game.

Therefore, he is certain to win, just like Germany will win the Euro final. Even as a 'neutral' my favoured team/player never wins!

Comment

Like Nadal, seems to be a nice lad from all accounts, Roger is my favourite, think he's a fantastic all round tennis player.
              Don't like Murray.

As for the females - Serena, wow, what a woman. Glad Sharapova went yesterday.

Comment

As next week it is my week off I can watch Wimbledon

Shame about the two babes being knocked out

Comment

Nadal convincingly through to the next round.

Watching Murray right now, He is trying so hard not to lose this set. It's brilliant tennis!

Comment

Gasquet has stepped up a gear though now - I fear Murray is on his merry way

Comment

Dear dear me. That piss-weak forehand return is being given the old heave-ho by an impressive serve-volleyer.

Comment

Gasquet has been very impressive, Murray just isn't good enough. Even if he did get through, Nadal would see him off in the quarters.

Comment

Agreed, and Murray's second serve is so weak it's almost unbelievable.

Comment

Murray is at least going out with a fight now.

edit: I've done him a disservice there, he is playing really well at the moment.
                            Last edited by Herbalizer; 30-06-2008, 19:08.

Comment

Murray has a better temperament. Gasquet has been hyped for some time now but has never been able to deal with the expectation and come through. How many set points has Murray saved and how poor was Gasquet when he served for the match? It's his talent that has gotten him into this position but his temperament is letting him down at times. Murray's really fighting when he's down though and his defence is excellent.

Comment

Working...
                              X