Calling all Dreamcast experts help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all Dreamcast experts help!

Today, I picked up two Dreamcast games I needed information on.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Anyone who owns the (diabolical) Chronicles of Pern: Dragon Riders, please can you get it off your shelf and brush off the dust on top of it.
    And refer to the picture below:

Hi-Res if needed...

Youll notice a terribly bad spelling mistake on the word 'Chronicles', a certain letter is missing!
    Please can you let me know if this is on all copies, or a small print run error.
    I am aware there are two printing versions -62 and -91 (This being -91), was -62 the fixed one or a different language one?

Any information will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance...

I never noticed it on my copy, although I only bought my copy because it was sealed so I binned the disc and inlays for the pristine case. Incidentally, outside of the US, you can spell chronicle without the 'H' however outside of the legal profession few do...

Comment

Is it spelt correctly on the front inlay out of interest?

Comment

Wow, I didn't even realise this game got released. Is it any good? I remember reading about it in Dreamcast magazines and they were hyping it up saying it would have a massive open world and great writing and all that. The DC was dying around then and releases were becoming increasingly less common so I was greatly anticipating it.

Comment

great writing and all that
          I'm guessing... no

Comment

Originally posted by teenagewasteland View Post
            Is it spelt correctly on the front inlay out of interest?
            Its spelt with a H on the front cover... Rather unusual I must say...

Originally posted by MattyD View Post
            Wow, I didn't even realise this game got released. Is it any good? I remember reading about it in Dreamcast magazines and they were hyping it up saying it would have a massive open world and great writing and all that. The DC was dying around then and releases were becoming increasingly less common so I was greatly anticipating it.
            Everywhere ive read has said its terrible.
            One review said something along the lines of:
            "For the fans of the novels, it doesnt do much for them...
            And for the fans of RPGs it doesnt do anything for them either..."

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
              Everywhere ive read has said its terrible.
              One review said something along the lines of:
              "For the fans of the novels, it doesnt do much for them...
              And for the fans of RPGs it doesnt do anything for them either..."
              It's not that bad, what I played I quite enjoyed it's not the best dreamcast game. I've played but it's not the worst either. It has a slight Shenmue feel to it, just a shame the combat isn't that good.

I will check my copy of the game to see if the same error is present in the spine, but I won't be able to get my hands on it till Friday. Should have really spotted that one myself seeing as I have a packaging error section in my PAL Dreamcast FAQ on gamefaqs.

It one of the rarer to find DC game, but when you do find it, you can normally get it at a cheap price.

Comment

Working...
              X