Your favourite NES games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your favourite NES games?

Bionic Commando on the NES is a real hot potato for me.

I'm thinking of getting some more NES gaming on my handheld, where should I look next? What are your fave NES games? Post vids!

Last edited by hudson; 12-07-2008, 12:23.

Samurai Pizza Cats!!!

Funky lil platformer that everyone should play!

Comment

Galaxy 5000 was a great racing game for the NES.

Comment

Contra and Super Mario Bros go without saying I suppose

One lesser-known or at least lesser appreciated game I really liked was Rescue: The Embassy Mission:

No prizes for guessing which particular historical incident this was based on You start out by infiltrating the area, then you get a chance to snipe some of the bad guys inside the titular embassy. BUT, only if you managed to insert your sniper without getting him killed! Then it's raid time, rapelling down into the building to wipe out the terrorists in full-on pseudo FPS-o-vision! A really inventive game especially for the time.
        Last edited by MattyD; 12-07-2008, 13:26.

Comment

Air Fortress is such an overlooked classic. Great game made by HAL.

Comment

RC Pro Am

Comment

Solar Jetman for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                Galaxy 5000 was a great racing game for the NES.
                Yeah, I used to have this. Micro Machines was another favourite racer of mine. Used to love Snake, Rattle 'n' Roll a lot too, I borrowed it of a mate and we almost fell out over it, as I kept 'forgetting' to return it to him.

Comment

Yeah Bionic Commando is pretty tasty. If you don't mind Disney stuff then both Rescue Ranger games should be looked at. Megaman series, especially 2 and 3. Castlevania. River City Ransom for two player laughs.
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

The NES hosts a great conversion of Marble Madness.

Comment

Balloon Fight ftw.

Comment

The Teenage Mutant Ninja (or was it Hero?) Turtles game for the NES was surprisingly excellent even though it was punishingly difficult. I was glad when it was put up on the Wii's VC service last year and I still attempt to try and finish the game now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqfRus5ePmI
                        Last edited by gaanbo; 13-07-2008, 19:41. Reason: youtube video doesn't show up so posted link instead

Comment

I've probably played Dr. Mario the most but my fave is Baseball for my money it's still the best sports game ever made.

Baseball

Dr. Mario
                          Last edited by 12-51-00; 13-07-2008, 20:53. Reason: Added Video

Comment

Double Dragon 2, Ufouria, Mr Gimmick, Guardian Legend, Little Samson etc.

Comment

I consider the vast majority of NES (and SMS) games to be flickery unplayable messes these days, but I really, really, really love Kickle Cubicle. Fab action puzzler.

Comment

Working...
                              X