G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra

I just stumbled across the IMBD listing for a new movie based on G.I. Joe. I had no idea this was even being made! Filming has wrapped and it's in post-prodution, scheduled for release in August 2009.

It's got Dennis Quaid as Hawk, Byung-hun Lee of Lost Planet fame as Storm Shadow, Sienna Miller wearing fake boobs and Christopher Eccleston as Destro... which is a bit WTF. I wonder if he gets to use his geordie accent? It also has Brendon in it I'm guessing it's going to be more 12A action-adventure than a proper balls-to-the-wall action movie.

Obviously it's too early to tell what it'll be like but a full year's post-production usually means lots of overdone special effects and blue screen scenes. We'll have to wait and see.

It should be titled "Action Force" in the UK, and hopefully it'll be something like Metal Gear Solid

Favourite Action Force character... Hydro Viper! I loved his fetching pink leotard and scary mask. If I was giving points just for character's names though, then Snow Job would win.

Comment

Snake Eyes FTW!

Storm Shadow not so much

Comment

I'm sure I saw a trailer for this with Indy and it looked kerazy

Comment

I'm rather concerned as to why they cast a child as Cobra Commander.

Comment

Not only that but he appears to be doing a live action version of Akira

Comment

Some terrible looking Cobra card things.

Linky McLinky.

Comment

Saw a trailer for this before Transformers 2 and I don't know what to make of it. Sure it's got 'splosions, ladies in tight costumes and more 'splosions but it also has Christoper Eccleston as the baddy - it didn't work in Gone in 60 Seconds and I can't see it working here. Although the addition of melty acid WMDs might convince people otherwise.

I think I'll wait for the rental unless reviews turn out to be crazy positive.

Comment

Yeah, I forgot about that. I thought the trailer was awesome! Can't wait to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                    Saw a trailer for this before Transformers 2 and I don't know what to make of it. Sure it's got 'splosions, ladies in tight costumes and more 'splosions but it also has Christoper Eccleston as the baddy - it didn't work in Gone in 60 Seconds and I can't see it working here. Although the addition of melty acid WMDs might convince people otherwise.

I think I'll wait for the rental unless reviews turn out to be crazy positive.
                    They are pretty bad so far, and reports were about the hack "Director" got fired

Comment

Saw this yesterday. Once I'd got over the absolutely ridiculous world the characters inhabit, I actually enjoyed it Lots of good ideas, lots of quite silly action, no emotional resonance - a lot of kids will think this is The Best Thing Ever.

Comment

Cinema Blend's 3.5/5 review:

Movie Review for G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

Comment

Old as the hills but any excuse to post these again

And my personal favourite

"Dude I hax0red your mom's ass last night!"

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
                            Saw this yesterday. Once I'd got over the absolutely ridiculous world the characters inhabit, I actually enjoyed it Lots of good ideas, lots of quite silly action, no emotional resonance - a lot of kids will think this is The Best Thing Ever.
                            I went due to being very bored, I thought it was ****e but fun stupid enjoyable ****e.
                            I also do not understand how so much money is spend on these movies and the CGI ends up looking like a 1997 command and conquer cut scene

Comment

Yeah that sounds right - enjoyable ****.

And yep, the CG was well ropey, especially the flying vehicles.

Comment

Working...
                              X