Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amstrad CPC players uniiiiiiiiiiiiiite!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amstrad CPC players uniiiiiiiiiiiiiite!!

Lets have a head count roll call of all you dudes bustin on the superior 8bit micro format and share some memories.

Something that was lost deep in my mind came out today, Dr Dooms Revenge

the graphics & loading screens were so awesome at the time i thought, tho did it narf load.

I need to get me an amstrad set up again to kick on some Hopper Copper,LA SWAT & Turbo Boat

lol times!

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
    superior 8bit micro format

Comment

http://www.gamestage.net/english/test.html an interesting site, see for yourself that basel is wearing his rose tinted specs! C64 foreverrrr

example 1 of many: R-Type

(is the reviewer on crack? the C64 version got the lowest score lolz)

Regarding Sound:SOUNDS: The sound/music quality in games is another interesting part. In this department, the ZX Spectrum 128K games are normally better than Amstrad CPC or Commodore 64, and very similar to Atari ST

This guy IS on crack, the spectrum better than both the C64 and CPC in sound? Has he not heard of the mighty SID chip? Jesus Blimey.

Damn spectrum fanboys:

OVERALL: The overall tests certainly point out a winner, and you know it already! Even with its own limitations, the ZX Spectrum show better results than the other two computers. Many times better in graphics, most of the times better in sounds, Sinclair's ZX Spectrum is a classic for several reasons.
      Last edited by kernow; 17-07-2008, 16:33.

Comment

ZX Spectrum FTW!

However, everyone rants and raves about the CPC version of Head Over Heels...

Hmm i think im gonna leave it at that, im way too young to be talking about these computers. Despite owning a ZX Spectrum at the age of 3 (19 years ago), I wasnt really around at the time it all kicked off nor was I older enough to appreciate it!

Comment

C64 plz, absolutely no contest, it had the best graphics and sound by a country mile!

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
            http://www.gamestage.net/english/test.html an interesting site, see for yourself that basel is wearing his rose tinted specs! C64 foreverrrr

example 1 of many: R-Type

(is the reviewer on crack? the C64 version got the lowest score lolz)

Regarding Sound:SOUNDS: The sound/music quality in games is another interesting part. In this department, the ZX Spectrum 128K games are normally better than Amstrad CPC or Commodore 64, and very similar to Atari ST

This guy IS on crack, the spectrum better than both the C64 and CPC in sound? Has he not heard of the mighty SID chip? Jesus Blimey.

Damn spectrum fanboys:

OVERALL: The overall tests certainly point out a winner, and you know it already! Even with its own limitations, the ZX Spectrum show better results than the other two computers. Many times better in graphics, most of the times better in sounds, Sinclair's ZX Spectrum is a classic for several reasons.
            Cool site, im not sure about him tho look at the Renegade 3 review particularly the CPC vs Spectrum versions, why does the Spectrum one win by 1%. just look at the screens! And look at Myth, the C64 version murderkills the other 2!

And its only a small cross section of agmes hehe.

This isn't a war thing you poorer familied likes with the C64 & spectrum aren't monied enough for these circles
            Last edited by Baseley09; 17-07-2008, 16:44.

Comment

I had a CPC464, then later a CPC6128. Happy days! My mate next door had a C64, and a few doors up another mate a Speccy, so we were sorted. I recall the Amstrad had the better specs.

I can't recall that many games. Was over 20 years ago! I know we spent an incredible amount of time completing Bubble Bobble on the Speccy, before getting in on the ST and Amiga. The immediate CPC game that jumps out in my memory is SpinDizzy, a personal favourite. I think I completed it, but I can't be sure - this was a long time ago. Did Mercenary come out on this? I played Elite a lot on the Amstrad, my mate had an Electron so I was pretty good at that by the time the Amstrad version appeared (I could actually dock!).

Comment

I had an Amstrad 464 with Green Screen, upgraded with a modular for colour goodness, 64k memory expansion and 3inch disc drive. Also had the multiface 2. My best mate had an Amstrad 6128. Used have 100s of games, my favourite being the sublime Reberstar.

Comment

YES! I was a CPC464 owner... and very proud of it too. Don't think anyone would argue that the C64 had a better soundchip but I still think that overall the graphics were better on the Amstrads.

I was lumbered with the green screen monitor at first but eventully managed to talk my folks into getting the modulator for full colour tv action. My neighbour, and great mate, had a CPC6128 whilst my best mate rocked a C64 and various others had Spectrums. Many a playground arguement over which was best. Happy days indeed.

My favourite game, and my dad's too (it was the only one he ever got the hang of) was Harrier Attack which I'm pretty sure came with the machine.

Tempted to bust the old boy out again and get him fired up...

Comment

Harrier Attack was the first game I played, and my dad favourite too.

Comment

Originally posted by buggenhagen View Post
                      but I still think that overall the graphics were better on the Amstrads.

Comment

I had a cpc464 with colour monitor, bought it when I was 7 and sold it when I was about 11 or 12. Had over 500 games for it , Used to go into my local toy shop and shove about 3 or 4 games up each sleeve when no one was looking

It's really hard to remember some of the more obscure games that I had but a lot of the high profile games got done better on the Amstrad from what I remember. Had a C64 aswell but only for about a year until I sold it, Bubble Bobble was great on it though!

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                          To be honest it was very mixed though ,some were better on the Amstrad and some were on the Commodore.

Comment

Harrier Attack rocks!

I remember when me and my big bro used to play it, as soon as he left the ship I'd whack the space bar to drop a few bombs on it (for the benefit of those who haven't played Harrier Attack, after each wave you could land your jet back on the ship to refuel. If you bombed it, though, it wouldn't be there so you were stuck. I think it was something along those lines, anyway...)

We had the greenscreen but that was before I was born (or at least old enough to remember) so I've only ever experienced it in glorious full colour. We still have the colour screen although a few years ago I decided to cut up the cable for it to wire up a scart socket for some SNES/MD RGB goodness. Suffice it to say I failed miserably

I used to type out the programs at the back of the Amstrad Action magazine. They usually didn't work, though (I was around 10 years-old probably at the time).

My mum bought a multiface 2 for my dad for one of his birthdays, that was quite funny I thought.

Oh, and MANIC MINER YEAH!

Also anyone remember the Roland games? Roland in the caves, on the ropes, etc? And Jack the Nipper was pretty fun

Comment

Pipemania and Puzznic were great on the CPC.

Comment

Working...
                              X