Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Megadrive thingy on Play-Asia

Anyone else seen these???

Sega Mega Drive Twin Pad Player (Black)Plug & play on TV20 built-in 16-bit SEGA licensed gamesSupports RedKid cartridge*Plays original Mega Drive & Genesis gamesTV out connectionWith PAL/NTSC switchOfficial product, containing games authorized by SEGAThe Sega Mega Drive Twin Pad Player from Sega's official China distributor AtGames brings back all the memories of Sega's 16bit era. This official product does not only feature twenty hot built-in Mega Drive games, but also plays all original Sega Mega Drive and Sega Genesis games from all regions* (Japan, USA and Europe) as well as specially designed AtGames RedKid cartridges**. Further included in the package ...

Seriosuly tempted to pick one up.

Nice & cheap, 20 games built in & plays all my old classics as well.
    Would be a nice compact replacement for my now ageing original PAL unit which I can then retire to the shrine in the loft lol

Anyone else tempted or is it only me??

Neil

Looks pretty cool, but WHY do they always include Altered Beast? It were sh!te..

Comment

It looks like it ony comes a ****ty av cable, if you couldn't use an RGB cable it's not worth bothering with imo. Otherwise it may be half decent although you can pick up an original Megadrive for a few quid.

Comment

Is composite the only AV-out option?

Comment

It does look tempting. I'm on the verge of picking one up actually. The only query would be the power supply - they claim it's multi-voltage, but I just wonder how that works given the the two prong one shown.

The handheld one looks great too (same built in games) but I wonder if it has a decent screen, i.e backlit etc.

Comment

It's an awesome little package. The problem being the video quality. Also, if I were going to the trouble of buying a Mega Drive, I'd want an aesthetically pleasing original model. Great price, though.

Comment

Has official Sega branding on it as well. Yeah, shame about the video output, and non-standard cartridge slot Maybe there's a way to mod it to output RGB .

Comment

Other than the video it's not a bad little machine. A friend of mine bought one to play his import games on, it has a PAL/NTSC switch on the back. Plus they are releasing some more multi carts for it, hopefully you will be able to buy them separately so i can use them on a real MD

Comment

I didnt actually notice the crappy AV output until after I posted the thread.

Seems like such a shame that it will be spoilt by sub standard output.

Reckon I'll just stick with my current Megadrive & try to find one of those tiny US Mark 3 ones when I can afford one.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldgamingfart View Post
                    Has official Sega branding on it as well. Yeah, shame about the video output, and non-standard cartridge slot Maybe there's a way to mod it to output RGB .
                    Sega have licensed their old stuff to a lot of companies. Majesco were still selling licensed Master System and Game Gear games up until recently, and doing a roaring trade in Brazil by all accounts. Some of their Game Gear games turned up in a lot of your pound shop type places a year or two back, mostly Disney related games. They also make the Mark 3 clones Soundwave mentioned, which are proper sweet.

Comment

Well, I just bought one. Couldn't resist. Is the A/V output such a bad thing? It's not my area of expertise.

Comment

Your probably wouldn't of noticed it back in the day. But if you've been spoiling yourself with a HD picture of even to a lesser extent, RGB,..it'll take some adjusting to get used to it.

Comment

I wouldn't buy one. you know it's just a Mega Drive on a chip which will mean many problems with games and the sound is probably emulated so the likes of Thunder Force IV won't sound right.

Yakumo

Comment

Hmmm

Well, it'll make a decent birthday present for my 5 year old nephew then.

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            I wouldn't buy one. you know it's just a Mega Drive on a chip which will mean many problems with games and the sound is probably emulated so the likes of Thunder Force IV won't sound right.

Yakumo

Comment

Yeah, for the kids it’s great but for the likes of  use who want quality I’d say it’s not worth the c ash.  Just get a normal Mega Drive instead

Yakumo

Comment

Working...
                              X