Poll: Your favourite dead forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll: Your favourite dead forum

Vote now for your favourite forum that's less active than a brain-dead, obese narcoleptic:

1) J R Hartley's Fly Fishing Fan Club Forum

2) Bring Back Terry and June Forum

3) Jade Goody Please Sit on My Face.com Forum

4) NTSC-UK.com Retro Gaming Forum

In all seriousness, what do we need to do to restore this forum to its former glory?

Talk about more retro things?

Comment

Watch more Terry and June? Such a good show...I heard there's a DS game in the works...

Comment

I think this forum needs to appeal more to the masses. Less typing and more gesture controlled posts. Less long posts and more collections of bite size mini posts...................

Comment

not pointing fingers, but less elitism would -really- help the retro scene.

Retro is retro is retro.
          but we still get people moaning about "people talking about western 8-bit stuff" as if it apparently isn't retro. It is retro - and it's a pretty important part of it.

As someone else posted, pointing people to retro classics and being helpful seems to be in the minority in retro circles. It tends to quickly devolve into "Lol - you like THAT? it's crap , you have obviously never played <obscure japanese wonderswan title> by <obscure japanese company>. Lol @ the game you like!" - almost like a competition as to who knows the most.

Perhaps more threads like "Introducing : <game>" ?
          no matter what it is - and the first sign of anyone saying "LOL You like this!?" - ban them.
          Instead we could have a "oh, if you like this game, then i can recommend <game>" and then that person does an "introducing : <game>" thread and try and snow ball it like that?

Perhaps even start with a theme : "[Platform Retro] Introducing Technician Ted" and see how that goes ?

Comment

I dunno - I don't think we're overly elitist here. We've had quite a few 8-bit micro orientated threads lately.

Yeah, I agree with you on the introducing such-and-such-a-game threads. Me like. I'd have never played Majikaru Hatu whatever-it's-called if it wasn't for this forum.

Comment

I dunno - I don't think we're overly elitist here. We've had quite a few 8-bit micro orientated threads lately.
              yeah, it's been isolated pretty much to a few members, a few of which who are now gone here, i was more waving my arms at the wider retro scene.

but anyways, yes - i guess we just need to kick off with a few [Introducing] threads.

Comment

Working...
              X