Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snes Wildcard

Hi folks,

I have a Snes Wildcard (Super Wildcard SMS3201, DX2)
    Considering selling it, would anyone here be interested and how much are they worth these days? (have a PAL UK snes along with two pads) to go along with it also... any info would be cool!

Great device.... If you have a working Parallel Port and a Floppy Disk Drive!

Id say youre looking at something between £25-50 for the unit itself, however it depends on the condition and if its in good working order.

One of the ones I own, locks up if you put any disk into the drive unfortunately...
    However with the Parallel link up between the PC, sendign roms is so easy that disks arent really neccessary...

Also, you may want to check the memory size... Large games like Tales Of Phantasia, Final Fantasies and so on, usually are too big to fit in the memory and wont work...

Personally id recommend a Tototek 64M Super Flash Card over this, but still fun to play with never the less!

Comment

Ah nice one!

Not tried the parallel port actually, but sure i could work something out from my Mac. It's only got a small chunk of memory so some games won't work which is a bit of a shame. Think for the price then i'll hang onto it..!

Thanks

Comment

Dunno if you'd be allowed to sell one here as it's got potential applications for piracy? I'm sure the mods would overlook something this old. You'd probably find more interest over at assemberlgames forums though.

Comment

Have you sold it yet? If not then I would like to buy it from you

Comment

I got a nice boxed Super Wild Card 32mb if anyone is interested

Comment

i never had a wildcard, but i did have a double pro fighter

that was ace

Comment

I've got a pro fighter Q, it's pretty nice.

Upgraded the RAM.

Comment

I still have my old profighter. I was clearing out some stuff at my dads house at the weekend and found a huge box of floppy disks but i'm guessing they dont work anymore. Is there some way of linking up a cd drive to the profighter?

With out the disks and the ability to copy/buy floppy disks it renders the machine kind of pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by boxhead View Post
                    I still have my old profighter. I was clearing out some stuff at my dads house at the weekend and found a huge box of floppy disks but i'm guessing they dont work anymore. Is there some way of linking up a cd drive to the profighter?

With out the disks and the ability to copy/buy floppy disks it renders the machine kind of pointless.
                    As mentioned above, id recommend getting a Parallel Port connection between it and the PC. Use UCon64 to send ROMs.
                    Once you use this method you really dont need floppies any more and youll be fed up at their load times anyways!

And as for CD Drive, i wish it was possible. However as far as i know, it isnt!

Comment

There was an optional CD drive for some of the Pro Fighter copiers. You'd have a bit of a job finding one now though I expect.

Comment

maybe irrelevant but I have a USB floppy drive connected to my PC that reads and writes to a 1.4mb disc at 6 times the normal speed. What's cool is that when you copy a ROM to a disc using this drive then put it into the Wild Card DX it will load much quicker than a normal formatted disc.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by boxhead View Post

The disks will probably still work if they have been sympathetically stored i.e. in a damp-free place with relatively stable temperatures..

If they are damp or mildewy then yeah pretty U/S.

If they are in good condition but don't work then just write over them on your PC - should work fine..?

BTW I also have 2 more copiers but one needs a weird boot disk to work (which I don't have) and the other is for both Megadrive and SNES (Multi Game Hunter - MGH) but is missing the SNES adapter to connect to the console. That one set me back a whole 20p.

Comment

I'm surprised there aren't flash memory solutions for snes's and that. I guess everyone is busy making yarr carts for the Ds to care?

Comment

There is at least one flash cart for the SNES, but it's not very elegant (comes with no case, requires a bridge so you can use the lockout chip from another cart, limited storage space, and an outdated method of connection for data transfer). I'm hoping one day a flash cart will appear that works just like a usb pen does.

Comment

Working...
                              X