new retro gamer website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new retro gamer website

We've had a new update to the site, with the focus on reader interaction. So visit www.retrogamer.net and tell us about your favourite games. You don't need to be an amazing writer, and the best ones will possibly feature in the mag.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

I'm loving the manic miner vibe for a start!

I signed up as a retrobate easily and added a game profile for Shinobi III. Nice touch, I like the feeling of interaction there. Once this builds up into a almost complete library of retro games this will be an amazing resource.

Being able to leave comments and a rating for the games other people have added is great too. I can see this being popular when readers are bored in the office.
    Last edited by AllYourBase; 27-07-2008, 18:03.

Comment

I signed up and added a few of my games, only the ones I have pics for right now though. I've got a lot more I could add

I'm guessing this will be used by the staff to spur ideas for new coverage, pick out collectors etc? It's quite a neat idea.

There is just one thing I wanted to add about the Bargain Hunt section though - and the same goes for the magazine section it's based on: why are Famicom consoles listed as worth more than AV Famicoms? In my experience it's the other way around. Aside from the obvious benefit of AV output and (IMO) a nicer form factor, the AV version is more sought after because very few TV sets outside of Japan can receive the original Famicom's signal through RF.

The AV Fami price is about right for an unboxed machine though. My first Fami cost me less than £40 with eight games but my AV Fami was about £40-£45 on its own.
      Last edited by MattyD; 28-07-2008, 00:05.

Comment

Working...
      X