Galaxy Fraulein (PC Engine)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galaxy Fraulein (PC Engine)

Interested in getting the upcoming Galaxy Fraulein PCE collection on PSP but haven't heard of the games before although they look great.

One of the games seems to be a shooter and the others RPG/text adventures.

Could anyone who has played any of these games give some impressions please?

The shooter is called Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire and it's probably more famous for its rarity and the high price it usually fetches (and the many bootleg copies which are out there). The other two are Ginga Ojousama Densetsu Yuna 1 and 2 which I don't know much about.

I haven't played any of these games either. I preordered this collection a while back mainly just for Sapphire as it looks a pretty good game.

Comment

Never even knew about this, they've got The Star Soldier collection coming out in September as well, just pre ordered both, Thanks

I've got the bootleg of Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire, it's a pretty decent shooter, developed by Red and some of the original Thunder Force team iirc, bit easy though. Some of the effects are stunning for a PCE game, does things you'd never think were possible on the hardware it's running on.
      Last edited by Phar; 28-07-2008, 07:45.

Comment

Sapphire is f*cking awesome. The fact that the original is running on 8-bit hardware is quite unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharfetchd View Post
          Never even knew about this, they've got The Star Soldier collection coming out in September as well, just pre ordered both, Thanks
          No problem mate, I'll be all over the Star Soldier collection too even though I own 3 of them on the Virtual Console :P

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
            No problem mate, I'll be all over the Star Soldier collection too even though I own 3 of them on the Virtual Console :P
            For me all the Star Soldier games have stood the test of time as they all play really well even now, it's nice to see that they've put Star Parodia on there as well.

I'm thinking of maybe picking up the Far East of Eden one to complete the set, the only thing is 3 games on there are RPG's and the other
            one Kabuki Ittoryoudan is a decent fighter by PCE standards but not really that great, like Sapphire though it's a nice showcase for the PCE, I'll probably pick that one up last.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharfetchd View Post

I'm thinking of maybe picking up the Far East of Eden one to complete the set, the only thing is 3 games on there are RPG's and the other
              one Kabuki Ittoryoudan is a decent fighter by PCE standards but not really that great, like Sapphire though it's a nice showcase for the PCE, I'll probably pick that one up last.
              I was thinking of doing the same as the fighter looks pretty decent.

Comment

Working...
              X