Anyone got the new EDGE magazine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got the new EDGE magazine?

there's a bit of a kerfuffle over something spotted on the "next month" page...

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

it was posted to a forum somewhere - look closely and you'll see some text in the middle of the page.

suspicion is its been photoshopped, but nobody seems to have a copy to be able to confirm its real or not. any takers?

I think this must be a hoax. I've stared good and hard at the back-page of my issue, and I can't see anything. Sorry.

Comment

I'm not sure I believe that, looking at these two recent stories:

See Brian try to talk the head of Sega of America into launching Dreamcast 2 to take on the Wii. Dreamcast 2? Seaman 2? Shenmue 3? Hear Simon Jeffery crush all of your Sega wet dreams.

Edit: looking closely, definitely looks like a photoshop job. The text isn't parallel to the lines, which you'd expect
      Last edited by honeymustard; 30-07-2008, 16:09.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
        I think this must be a hoax. I've stared good and hard at the back-page of my issue, and I can't see anything. Sorry.
        yeah, seems to be looking more and more like photoshop trickery.

traced it back to the neogaf thread here

the OP says

Next Month

Very trivial, as it just has a blank notepad with the word "Notes" on the top. Hmmm
        Credit to Roxas^^^
        the "hmmm" is suspicious enough, but why credit someone unless they did something like......a spot of photoshopping.

looks like this one is hoax-tastic...

Comment

monomaniacpat, quick question? i know the text is pretty much all over bar the shouting, but one of my friends on a shenmue forum has asked me to find out if the actual page itself (with the "notes" text and the lines going down the page) is the actual "next month" page, or if that doesn't exist in the mag either?

(you wouldn't believe the uproar this has caused on a number of shenmue forums lol)

Comment

That is the real next month page, minus the text.

So a feature about whether or not instruction manuals are still relevent in this day and age, is my guess

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
              That is the real next month page, minus the text.

So a feature about whether or not instruction manuals are still relevent in this day and age, is my guess
              cheers, just given them the news!

/ edit, some of my post went walkies. and yeah, a feature about manuals would be interesting. i can't say i ever used the notes thing at the back of any instructions, because i never wanted to wreck them - just wrote all my passwords or whatever on bits of paper then endlessly kept losing them all!
              Last edited by paperghost; 30-07-2008, 19:40. Reason: missed a bit off

Comment

I've got the mag and there is definately no text on it.

Comment

Maybe it's written in lemon juice and we need to hold it over a candle?

Comment

Or use a black coloured pencil to see the words written in wax... eh?

I can still dream.

Comment

Working...
                    X